Subject: Ending session on Step 8 of Settlement phase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Auschrat
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused about the flow that I should be doing in the settlement phase when I decide to pack it up for the night.

Step 8 says "If they decide to stop, skip this step and choose departing survivors next play session."

The way I've been playing is I just pack stuff up and then start up at step 9 again.

If if turns out that there is a story event for the current year I start off with that (step 9). But to me it seems like I'm doing something wrong as it just doesn't feel clean to me as I'm starting the game in the middle of the settlement phase (step 9) then.

Not sure if this makes sense.

eg. Just finished up year 3 with the lion. This is the 3rd time I've fought him including the prologue. So during the settlement phase I tick year 4, do my settlement phase steps up to step 8 where I decide to end the session. When I play next, I continue at step 9 where I then have to fight the butcher.

Is this correct? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Lawrence
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is common. I wouldn't stress about it as long as you can continue to track the flow from game to game. Stop where it most makes sense for you and the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe White
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Collector
badge
Collector
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the goal is just to complete all the spending and exchanging of resources before you pack it up so you remember your goals and what equipment you wanted to fix the gaps you had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, as long as you can remember where you left off, there's nothing special. My group usually finishes after we finish all the year's events (because otherwise we forget to resolve them sometimes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Auschrat
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers everyone.

From now on I will just pause at step 8 when I'm done for that session and and then continue from there when I set up again. Which by the way is in 10 minutes. Time to face the butcher...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Mallow
msg tools
42!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really dislike the way the year is set up. I personally feel the step 1 should be prepare departing survivors followed by the hunt and showdown. I personally feel the game is cleanest with develop as the last step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.