Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Kanehen
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else have a particular threat or type of situation that you would consider your personal nemesis? Something that makes your blood pressure immediately spike, a threat that you feel you have a personal vendetta against, something that gets the better of you and your crewmates time and time again?

For me, it's the Juggernaut. Every. Single. Time.

This came out of the time before the expansion when we only had White and Yellow threats, but this @*&$#*-er got the better of us too many times. At this point, we've strategized and have several contingency plans in place to ensure its destruction. (Oh, and yes, it is de-stroy-ed every time now, there is no "surviving" the Juggernaut. He dies or we do.) That said, every time he comes up it draws expletives from my corner of the table and an immediate, and sometimes dangerous, tunnel-vision focus and clarity of thought exclusively concentrated on coordinating whatever actions necessary to bring, him, down.

**deep breath**

All that said, any of you all have a similar reaction to anything this amazing game has to throw at you?

(And yes, I do know that there's a Serious External Threat literally titled "Nemesis".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlebot Uprising has killed me a couple of times. Seriously, I always send 2 guys to grab the Battle Bots first thing, but then this threat comes out and causes some real problems. Once a crew member is knocked out, it's game over.

Same goes for the Psionic Satellite, that thing can be extremely deadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Armored Grappler looks soo inocuous, and is, so long as it shows up in white. In red or blue it is a pain (for a white simple threat).

Only 4 life, but 3 armor is rough. Even a coordinated laser strike won't kill it. Need to get missles or something involved.

Main reason it irks me is it doesn't look too intimidating.

Honorable mention for the alien internal threat. My friend who loves being the "internal security officer" has developed a firey hatred for that slimy green thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Mâcon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the nuclear weapon...

But I have to give a special mention to the unstable rockets : that threat never appears after T+3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slime on Turn 2 was always miserable in the base game. A little easier with the double actions, but not too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamás Lengyel
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mb
We only played 3 games so far(only 1 of those was a win), and we still haven't advanced from the simple white threats of the base game, so I guess every threat is considered our nemesis.
But if I have to pick one, I'm sure when we're ready to put the planetoid (a HUEG rock that comes to you from all trajectories) card into the threat deck, when it will came out I probably will say "Here comes the neighborhood!" out loud every single time, so I think that will be the one everybody will remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.