Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use Gondorian Fire to boost an attack that was triggered by Roheryn?

Roheryn allows you to attack after you optionally engage an enemy. There isn’t an action window during optional engagements. Normally, you can perform actions when performing an attack. Can you always perform actions during an attack, regardless of the phase in which the attack occurs? I couldn’t find an answer in the rules or FAQ.

Roheryn
Quote:
Response: After you optionally engage an enemy, exhaust Roheryn and attached hero to declare attached hero as an attacker (and resolve its attack) against that enemy.

Gondorian Fire
Quote:
Action: Spend 1 resource from attached hero's resource pool to give attached hero +1 attack for each resource in its resource pool until the end of the phase. (Limit once per phase.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
So the alternatives are:
1 Roheryn's response creates an action window because it allows an attack, and therefore you can trigger GF, and

2 It doesn't create an action window, and you can't use GF bc it is an action not a response

Am I reading that right? I'd say 2 (Roheryn allows the player to declare an attack, it doesn't setup a separate combat phase) but I wonder what others would say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I was over thinking things. The following from the rule book would lead me to believe it's allowed.

Quote:
To resolve an attack against an enemy, a player follows
these 3 steps, in order. Players may play event cards
and take actions at the end of each step.
1. Declare target of attack, and declare attackers.
A player does this by choosing 1 enemy with whom
he is currently engaged, and exhausting any number of
characters as attackers.
2. Determine attack strength. Add up the total attack
strength of the attacking characters that have been
declared against that target.
3. Determine combat damage. This is done by
subtracting the target enemy’s defense strength
from the combined attack of all the attacking characters.
The remaining value is the amount of damage that is
immediately dealt to the target. If the defense is equal to or
higher than the attack, no damage is dealt.

Specifically, it says you can play event cards and take actions at the end of each step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yes, there normally are no action windows, but since you start an attack you open some during that. Sorta the same thing as how some quest-specific Hide tests and such can open windows during staging that aren't normally there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.