Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,

I would like to kindly ask you if you could suggest some good Android apps for online two player board games. Possibly with the following characteristics:
- MUST: private online two player games, playable without crashing (pass and play won't work for us)
- Short playing time.
- Not so expensive. Since we probably have already the board game.
- Feasible with "normal" smart phones (screens not big as tablets)

Just to give you an idea we bought Splendor and my wife loves it. We bought Pandemic and it didn't hit the spot: apart from allowing only local multiplayer, it takes a bit too long for our taste (my wife is not a big fan of cooperative games apart from thematic dungeon crawler). We will definitely try Summoner Wars since the core game is free at least.

Based on my wife's wishlist I was thinking about:
- Terra Mystica.
- Eclipse.
- 7 Wonders. Although my wife prefers 7 Wonders Duel.
- Lords of Waterdeep.

Also, based on the games we have already I could add:
- Agricola All Creatures Big and Small. We owned the classic Agricola.
- Race for Galaxy.
- Le Havre.
- Summoner Wars. Tried solo on Kindle Fire, not sure about online two player games on Android. Somebody told me also that Summoner Wars is also quite similar to Neuroshima Nex (which has also an app)
- Catan.
- Coup. It reminds me of Citadels.
- Pathfinder. I tried myself and it seems too luck dependent for my wife's taste but maybe, after the free scenarios, it is different.

However, they are not cheap and maybe you could tell me if they work well as online multiplayer games. Feel free to provide additional suggestions too !!

Due to work reasons my wife and I are often distant and playing online board games somehow reduce the distance. So any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Asynchronous multiplayer board game apps are how my partner and I do most of our gaming, as well. Recent favorites of ours have been Potion Explosion, Ascension (base set is totally free), Paperback, and Patchwork. Sorry to say I have no input on the apps you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've played pretty much all of them and can't say enough good things about the Race for the Galaxy implementation. Totally worth it.

Most of the others are fine but none of the others hold a candle to Race.

*edit* Star Realms is pretty solid but we never went back to it once Race came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emu Prime wrote:
Asynchronous multiplayer board game apps are how my partner and I do most of our gaming, as well. Recent favorites of ours have been Potion Explosion, Ascension (base set is totally free), Paperback, and Patchwork. Sorry to say I have no input on the apps you mentioned.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I will definitely propose Ascension to my wife, since it has a fantasy setting (plus it is free) and it reminds me Thunderstone we played in the past. The other ones seems a bit too abstract (and less thematic) for our taste but Splendor is not so thematic too, so you never know.

Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
I've played pretty much all of them and can't say enough good things about the Race for the Galaxy implementation. Totally worth it.

Most of the others are fine but none of the others hold a candle to Race.

*edit* Star Realms is pretty solid but we never went back to it once Race came out.

I had a look at Tom Vasel's review of Race for the Galaxy, and it seems really good indeed. I am not sure how all the icons and symbols work in a small screen but I like playing the card version and I would be interested in trying it.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.