Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi folks,

I thought we could track for Canada. I did similar for Massive Darkness, and it worked well.

The UMM Salal (imo 9525857) just left port today and is on route to Vancouver with an ETA of January 19.

After arrival, it will have to pass through customs and then off to distribution. Distribution is likely to be done by Interfulfillment as it was with Massive Darkness.

Assuming Canada Post is handing delivery, it should be arriving at the CP Gateway facility in Mississauga Ontario first, then processed and sent to local post offices shortly thereafter.

If you receive a shipping notice or delivery, please let us know at least what province/territory you're in, and if you're comfortable, city.

I'll update this post as information comes available (twitter, KS, Facebook, etc.)

✅ next to province/territory/city = tracking number received
📦 next to province/territory/city = package received, fun begins

Alberta✅
Peace River✅📦
Edmonton✅📦
Calgary📦✅

British Columbia✅📦
Vancouver📦

Manitoba✅
Brandon✅📦
Winnipeg📦

New Brunswick

Newfoundland and Labrador

Nova Scotia✅📦
Halifax✅

NWT

Nunavut

Ontario✅📦
Kitchener📦
Toronto📦
Burlington📦
Guelph📦
London📦
Peterborough✅
Ajax✅
Milton📦
Barrie📦
Niagara Falls📦
Oakville📦
Mississauga📦
Stratford📦
Ottawa📦
Cornwall📦

PEI✅
Charlottetown✅

Quebec✅📦
Montreal✅📦
Rimouski✅
Quebec City✅
Gatineau✅
Lac St-Jean✅
Dorval✅
Terrebonne✅

Saskatchewan✅📦
Saskatoon📦

Yukon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is a good news bad news post.

The good news is that the UMM Salal made it to Vancouver last night.

The bad news is that it looks like there wasn’t room in port and is sitting in anchorage (CA BIN).

Hopefully it unloads soon. I’ll post again at that time.

For the horde is green and full of terrors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
YARRRRRRRRR! The Salal just made it to port (it got redirected from Vancouver to Delta-Roberts Bank, hence the delay).

So, if all goes well it’ll pass customs and be at the distribution hub within a couple of weeks (CMON had it being at distribution on January 28th).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apparently, Rising Sun backers are stRting to get confirmation. This bodes well for us since their ship came in not too long ago.

Also, I discovered the Interfulfillment is no longer the Canadian distributor. In August, CMON announced tha5 Universal Distribution would be taking over: https://cmon.com/press/cmon-limited-announces-exclusive-deal...

This is another good thing because Universal has a hub in Vancouver. So unlike previous fulfillments, packages won’t be sent to Toronto from Vancouver, just to be sent out to the whole country. It should be much quicker now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delta_flyer21 wrote:

Also, I discovered the Interfulfillment is no longer the Canadian distributor. In August, CMON announced tha5 Universal Distribution would be taking over: https://cmon.com/press/cmon-limited-announces-exclusive-deal...

This is another good thing because Universal has a hub in Vancouver. So unlike previous fulfillments, packages won’t be sent to Toronto from Vancouver, just to be sent out to the whole country. It should be much quicker now.

Hmm... Maybe. A distributor's relationship is the bridge between a publisher and retail stores. Universal is one of the most experienced in Canada.

However, fulfillment to customers is a whole different ball of wax. I'd suggest that we wait and see, but I suspect that interfulfillment is still going to be the one delivering our packages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It does seem strange that CMON makes that switch since Interfulfillment just did Massive Darkness around that time they sent the press release.

However, it never made sense to me that one would send cargo from port all the way to Toronto to then be distributed. In CMON's press release, it did say that Universal would be the exclusive distributor in Canada including KS fulfillment.

Hopefully, it is Universal as it seems far more efficient to send it down the proverbial street from port, rather than across the country.

Anybody want to give Universal a call in Vancouver and find out, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delta_flyer21 wrote:
It does seem strange that CMON makes that switch since Interfulfillment just did Massive Darkness around that time they sent the press release.

However, it never made sense to me that one would send cargo from port all the way to Toronto to then be distributed. In CMON's press release, it did say that Universal would be the exclusive distributor in Canada including KS fulfillment.

Hopefully, it is Universal as it seems far more efficient to send it down the proverbial street from port, rather than across the country.

"KS fulfillment" isn't the same as "KS Retail Pledges". Retail pledges are when a retail store takes your pre-order for a kickstarter. Then they call you to pick it up when it arrives. But, it will be interesting to see what happens, for sure. I'm sure we've only got a week or two at most to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
Delta_flyer21 wrote:

"KS fulfillment" isn't the same as "KS Retail Pledges". Retail pledges are when a retail store takes your pre-order for a kickstarter. Then they call you to pick it up when it arrives. But, it will be interesting to see what happens, for sure. I'm sure we've only got a week or two at most to find out.

I just looked at it again, Suitcase. You're right. There seems to be a differentiation between KS backer and KS retail pledges. Either way, I'd love to see it next week (fingers crossed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like Europe is starting to get their pledges roughly two weeks from when their boats got to port. Thus, if we are lucky, we should start seeing tracking numbers this week or early next week.

If you hear of news, please post here and I’ll update the OP.

Good luck! For the horde is green and full of terror

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bryce
msg tools
Just got an email from Geekfunder that it's supposed to arrive on Thursday (Feb 8).

But distressingly, the tracking number and info that I have is from Australian Postal Corporation so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I'm in Vancouver, BC which is where the shipment came into a few weeks ago. Hopefully that bodes well for everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TalesofaBryce wrote:
Just got an email from Geekfunder that it's supposed to arrive on Thursday (Feb 8).

But distressingly, the tracking number and info that I have is from Australian Postal Corporation so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I'm in Vancouver, BC which is where the shipment came into a few weeks ago. Hopefully that bodes well for everyone else.

Good to hear some news, but Australian post?!? I actually bursted out laughing and had to read it again to be sure I wasn’t seeing things.

Ian, thanks for posting. Is it possible this is for another Kickstarter you’re backing? Any indication why it might be from Australia Post, or if it actually originated in Australia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I also received a tracking number from geegfunder with an austpost tracking number. Very strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bryce
msg tools
Green Horde is the only Kickstarter that I'm backing that is shipping.
Here's the email I have from geekfunder:

The tracking link works and shows that the parcel was processed this morning (Monday) in New South Wales........ I guess I'll find out on Thursday whether it's real or not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, well with Ian’s tracker I’ve updated the original post. Hopefully, Ian, you can let us know how Thursday goes. BC gets first tracker, congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Compukill wrote:
I also received a tracking number from geegfunder with an austpost tracking number. Very strange.

Comp, what province/city do you live in if you don’t mind us asking. Just want to update the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ontario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still no shipping confirmation/email here (Quebec)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Update to my post above. Looks like CMON must have sent me another backer' s tracking number because it is showing delivered today in CAPALABA QLD by Australia Post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey folks! It would seem that any tracking numbers from Australia Post for Canadian backers is an error. Several backers have confirmed that their package was delivered, but not to them, to what is likely a backer in Australia.

Therefore, I’ve updated the OP to reflect that no Canadian backers, so far as we know, have tracking numbers for their pledge.

I’m sure our stuff is in the pipe...fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi folks! So another backer submitted a ticket to CMON regarding the Australian tracking number thing and got a response. You can see it here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28187079#28187079

In short, pledge numbers were mixed up, but the right pledges are going to the right backer. All is well, albeit, weird, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Antle
msg tools
I can see how this error can be made , it’s as simple as pasting something into and excel sheet in row 2 when it should have been in row 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why you spot check when you are shipping 26k packages in one go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi folks,

Hopefully this is our week! Keep your eyes peeled, and if you see or hear anything from other sources, feel free to report.

Kickstarter watching/receiving should be an Olympic sport,lol😜.

Good luck, Canucks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maverick Delta
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I know for the moment is that UMM Salal is no longer in port (it is currently in the China area as I type this) so we can assume that the cargo has been unloaded.

Now it is a question of if Canadians actually are going to get any tracking number...

Still waiting for the package in Montreal... I want it before the end of the month for a present, if possible.

-- UPDATE --

If Universal Distribution will be the exclusive distributor for Canada, and that the release date on Universal Distribution website is 27th of April...

https://www.universaldist.com/p-248979-zombicide-green-horde...

... would that be a clue???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scott
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maverickdelta wrote:
All I know for the moment is that UMM Salal is no longer in port (it is currently in the China area as I type this) so we can assume that the cargo has been unloaded.

Now it is a question of if Canadians actually are going to get any tracking number...

Still waiting for the package in Montreal... I want it before the end of the month for a present, if possible.

-- UPDATE --

If Universal Distribution will be the exclusive distributor for Canada, and that the release date on Universal Distribution website is 27th of April...

https://www.universaldist.com/p-248979-zombicide-green-horde...

... would that be a clue???

Universal is likely doing retail distribution while Interfulfillment is likely doing pledge fullfillment. In the CMON press release posted in an earlier post by Suitcase, there seems to be a distinction between the two.

As for the April 27 date, CMON has this date as the retail release date. Here is a link to that and many other CMON North American releases.
https://cmon.com/assets/CMON_MAPP_Price_List_20180206.pdf

I, too, hope for this week or next. Apparently, there are a few games in the pipe that is clogging things up (Smog, Green Horde, Rising Sun). However, they didn’t all come in at once, so I’m not sure I entirely buy that rationale I’ve seen.

Finally, given the Australia Post glitch we experienced, henceforth referred to as Ausmageddon 😜, it seems entirely possible, there are some Aussies getting some of our tracking now or soon,lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.