United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb

Now that I have committed myself to learning ASL(SK), its time to start organizing the system to my liking. Found an excellent article on Sitrep that describes how to combine all three ASLSK modules as well as the Expansion Pack and Bonus Pack.

Starting off with a 1 ½ “ Binder, all SK Maps, Scenario Cards and Charts are placed into individual sleeves. I just used the Charts from the Expansion pack in since they are all inclusive (and errata updated) as opposed to the charts from SK1/SK2/SK3.

The article had you cutting the rulebook down the middle after removing the staples and then placing the single pages into sleeves and into the binder. I didn’t want to do that, so I just put the Pocket Edition into the big pocket at the front of the binder. I also photo copied the SK3 Rulebook, sleeved and put into a flimsy binder so I can take it to work, highlight and makes notes, underline, star, check mark (which right now, is almost the entire rulebooksoblue )

Next up is the Plano Case. It’s the Plano 1354, and depending where you get it from, comes in either Red/Gray or Tan/Gray. It comes with four 3500 Plano boxes, but as you can see, it can carry a total of 6 with a little modification, which is also described in the article. Plus, there is still room in the top compartment for Dice, LOS tool and tweezers.

One Plano 3500 holds an entire Nationality (Germans, Americans, Russians and British) while the 5th holds the Italians and the Axis/Allied Minors. I had to get a little creative in Organizing that box. The 6th box hold all of the Systems Counters.

I spent some time creating labels. Been a while (years) since I made any of those (OCS) so it was a little bit of a challenge but after some grumbling I finally managed to get the program to do what I wanted.

And there you have it. A nice compact Travel System for your ASLSK. Hope this helps others in getting a head start in Organizing their own system.

EDIT: Here is the site address for the article on SITREP
http://asl-battleschool.blogspot.ca/2011/07/starter-kit-stor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gochinski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sweet travel kit!

Well done and organized. I love the plano 3500s for ASLSK and ASL, small, but large enough to hold allot of counters.

Binders for rules and maps the way to go, have this for the Bunker and personal kit.

Need to get going on my match box travel kit ASAP!!

Thanks
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
● Sean ●
France
Paris et Normandie
Australian nationality
flag msg tools
● UNDRASK | Viking and Norse culturally inspired art ●
badge
Raven
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool mate. I've done something similar but no where near as expert looking - clearly I have to step up my game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the same setup but for the life of me I can't seem to make up my mind which rules set/book to keep in the binder. For example, the rulebook in the recent (2017) reprinting SK Expansion Pack #1 rulebook is (C)2010. The SK Historical Module #1 (Decision at Elst) is (c) 2013.
The various PACs from the kits/expansion pack/historical module are particularly hard to sort out, with some charts switching cards and variances in which Nationality/Gun Types are on the To Hit Charts.
Anyone have some recommendations as to which specific rules/PACs to keep in such a binder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started on the SK2 module. Does not the player aide charts from the Expansion Pack #1 have all the gun types from all SK stuff on its charts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Axford
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great...and I see Academy Sports has the red ones on sale for $20 and Amazon has this brown one for about $20 as well.

What label-making program did you use? Did you pull the stuff from Texas ASL gang, or DIY?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Just started on the SK2 module. Does not the player aide charts from the Expansion Pack #1 have all the gun types from all SK stuff on its charts?

Unless I'm checking the wrong cards I don't think so... First pass glance and EP#1 is missing (from SK2) all the mortars, the American M1 155mm ART, the British Bofors, all 3 pieces of Russian kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaiax33 wrote:
This is great...and I see Academy Sports has the red ones on sale for $20 and Amazon has this brown one for about $20 as well.

What label-making program did you use? Did you pull the stuff from Texas ASL gang, or DIY?

Labels are using the Avery 8167 template. I posted the site address where I got the idea from.

bimmer4me wrote:

Unless I'm checking the wrong cards I don't think so... First pass glance and EP#1 is missing (from SK2) all the mortars, the American M1 155mm ART, the British Bofors, all 3 pieces of Russian kit.

CRAP! Your right. Guess I'll just have to add the charts from SK2 into the binder as well. Whats up with that? Shouldn't SK3 have all of whats in SK2 (which now I see it doesn't) and shouldn't the Expansion Pack have it all combined up to that point? Here I thought I was being so thrifyangry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
kaiax33 wrote:

Labels are using the Avery 8167 template. I posted the site address where I got the idea from.

bimmer4me wrote:

CRAP! Your right. Guess I'll just have to add the charts from SK2 into the binder as well. Whats up with that? Shouldn't SK3 have all of whats in SK2 (which now I see it doesn't) and shouldn't the Expansion Pack have it all combined up to that point? Here I thought I was being so thrifyangry

At some point the binder will start to resemble, well, an ASL binder...! Coincidence? I don't think so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Whats up with that? Shouldn't SK3 have all of whats in SK2 (which now I see it doesn't) and shouldn't the Expansion Pack have it all combined up to that point? Here I thought I was being so thrifyangry

Each SK is an independent, self-contained entity, so the TH/TK charts in the different SKs each pertains only to its own box. We did not think the chart in DaE, for example, needed all the Russian/American #s. Otherwise, the chart starts getting pretty unwieldy. Compromises are made all the time.

We do regret not labeling the charts better to show to which SK they belong. Live and learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:
Whats up with that? Shouldn't SK3 have all of whats in SK2 (which now I see it doesn't) and shouldn't the Expansion Pack have it all combined up to that point? Here I thought I was being so thrifyangry

Each SK is an independent, self-contained entity, so the TH/TK charts in the different SKs each pertains only to its own box. We did not think the chart in DaE, for example, needed all the Russian/American #s. Otherwise, the chart starts getting pretty unwieldy. Compromises are made all the time.

We do regret not labeling the charts better to show to which SK they belong. Live and learn.

No worries. Already added the SK2 chart to the binder. Page protectors are cheapcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
Each SK is an independent, self-contained entity, so the TH/TK charts in the different SKs each pertains only to its own box.

And this is why I expect I'll simply keep each of my SK in its own original box, instead of combining them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:

Anyone have a go at identifying which PAC goes with each SK? I'm going to label mine...

edit: done more easily than said...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC somewhere in the files section, there are SK comprehensive TH/TK charts organized by nationality.
Nice organization Fly!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gochinski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:

That is what a scanner is for, I scan each chart, them label it using the Paint program, works like a charm.

Thanks
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
IIRC somewhere in the files section, there are SK comprehensive TH/TK charts organized by nationality.
Nice organization Fly!!!

Can’t seem to locate it/them... got a link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it! In the Elst file section
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/105907/hit-kill-tables-as...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.