Subject: Swordsworn horizontal slash rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Wakefield
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
So I got my copy of myth: dark frontier yesterday and looking at the swordsworn the mechanics seem pretty straightforward, but on the horizontal slash it says to move him diagonally but for the kata to get its bonus he would have to attack horizontally. It seems to me this is a misprint as the other directional attacks have him moving the same direction as the kata. What do you guys think? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tried to answer on KS.
Are you talking about the Horizontal Slice card?

If yes i think you are mixing 2 different things.
The movement of the miniature on the game board wich is in a diagonal line here, it is a movement like the dash of the soldier or the Brigand.

And the movement of the blade symbolised by the symbol on the right of thr card. It is 2 very different element, this one is 100% abstract it is not really represented on the board, you just keep track of the succession of blade movement to know your kata bonus.

I hope it helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wakefield
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
So you’re just tracking the sword swings based on the card only, and not with anything to do with movement? I think I got it now. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You don’t have a 2 or 3 page document about the gameplay of the pupil?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a double sided sheet in the Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.