Simple GBoH» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement in an enemy ZOC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stevie K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Guys, just wondering if we've got this right:

On the previous turn, the elephant unit on the left moved in and shock attacked the Coenus (5) phalanx from the flank, and forced it to retreat. Now, to avoid committing to a frontal attack (given that the position of the phalanx has changed relative to it) can the elephant unit simply turn and move out of the phalanx's ZOC? Surely not!

I know in the original gboh, rule 7.25 states that a unit can turn as long as it does not move out of the hex in the same phase. This seems ok, but the rules in sgboh do not make it clear.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi steve

I think the ele can turn on the spot and then move out of the zoc so long as it doesn't move adjacent to an enemy or thourgh another enmy zoc. Think the rational behind it is that the epensve of MP to do this , 2 per hex spine for ele, simulates the difficulty in performing the manouver...

good pics btw, was it easy to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Jon, thanks but surely they would take some sort of losses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Jon, regarding the pics, it could be easier but I'll show you how...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
at first I really didn't like it.... but then I do like a way for faster moving stuff to disengage... so allowing units to spend MP turning and then moving away while still needing to turn back again or offer a rear kind of simulates this....

oth.... does make those Ele units even better.. and at only 2rp each just throw them in in dribs and drabs let them rampage and cause hits on the enemy that is taking hits off killing them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Ray
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
See 6.14 and 6.22 (Simple GBoH 2nd edition rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.