Subject: Simple question about item stacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanuel Dario Fernandez Arcidiacono
Argentina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Say you create an item with 2 words; i.e. clothing and stealth.

Then you create a second item with the words skill and stealth. Since it shares a keyword, you place it under it and add the pips.

Now, later a third item is created with te keywords skill and will. If I place it under that stack, do you increase the number of pips because it contains a word in common with one of the previous items, or does it need to match one of the words of the original item specifically?

On a related note: If I add to the stack an item that raises the total number of pips by 3, then I activate the stack to use an ability on said item that requires me to discard it, the extra pips it provided remain, even though that particular card of the pile is discarded, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It specifically has to match a word on the first item.

And, yes, if you discard the item later you don't lose the pips it added (although using it still costs a pip as normal unless it says otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monk74 wrote:
On a related note: If I add to the stack an item that raises the total number of pips by 3, then I activate the stack to use an ability on said item that requires me to discard it, the extra pips it provided remain, even though that particular card of the pile is discarded, correct?

This is why I love the
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Javelin
item so much.

Can be used to add 3 pips to a big aggressive or skill stack, then is easily removed afterwards. I cycle that card a lot to keep my items fresh.
Most items that remove themselves only add 1 pip, so aren't useful in this way
Unless you have the Botany card which gives +2 durability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.