Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Dead Boy, the ability says "When the Dark advances you may discard this card to rescue two bystanders and draw a card."

My question is can this ability be done on somebody else's turn. If I have the card in my hand and another player causes the dark to advance can I discard Dead Boy and take advantage of the ability?
I couldn't find anything in the rules about being allowed or not being allowed to discard on another player's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
By default you can't discard... this card gives you the ability to discard itself for effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
By default you can't discard... this card gives you the ability to discard itself for effect.

So I CAN discard it on another player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do it whenever the dark advances - whether that's your action another players action, scheme twist etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This card feels a little broken because it’s such an easy way to get points. That said, love this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddle13 wrote:
This card feels a little broken because it’s such an easy way to get points. That said, love this card.

The points are rather inconsequential, compared to the powering of his abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Adams
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have another question regarding this card. Suppose that Kakistos card is drawn from the Villain Deck. The Ambush effect for that card is setting the Dark to 3.
Suppose that the Dark/Light token was placed, for instance, on «Dark 1».

May I asume that the Dark advances, so the Angel's card effect may be triggered? Technically, is not the same thing «advancing» than «setting», but in this example the Dark advances regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
Thesystemhasfailed wrote:
I have another question regarding this card. Suppose that Kakistos card is drawn from the Villain Deck. The Ambush effect for that card is setting the Dark to 3.
Suppose that the Dark/Light token was placed, for instance, on «Dark 1».

May I asume that the Dark advances, so the Angel's card effect may be triggered? Technically, is not the same thing «advancing» than «setting», but in this example the Dark advances regardless.

I've always treated effects that SET the Light/Dark to a certain level as not classing as Advancing in either direction, as it doesn't use the Advance keyword. However, I can see the argument on both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.