6 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion. Merge with original box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Darlington
msg tools
Hi Guys

Just wondered - do you store all the expansion cards in the original box? Or is it best to keep them in their respective boxes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add it all to to same box, if you are strictly playing co-op then the Queen deck and the Alien decks with agendas, Alien and Queen avatars can be stored in the exp box, that would give you more room in the original box if sleeving everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Label all the dividers and merge them all! I got my Aliens and Predator stuff all in one place makes it so much easier. You cant fit it all...but the stuff I've rammed in the second box is all the bits that are hardly ever used (mostly predator stuff tbh) bits like the hunter mode, alien queen cards, and mostly multi player add ins like agendas etc. And tbh when I play (at least once a week minimum) the second box never really comes out unless someone really wants to play pred vs pred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roddy
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirming that all components from the base game and the expansion, sleeved, will fit in the base game box, with enough dividers to separate the cards. You need to roll both mats together to fit in the center well.

Even though I rarely play with the Queen Mother, I see no reason to segregate the two sets. I want all Drone cards from both sets together, one Strike Deck, the Expansion Characters to be stored next to their companions from the same film, all Avatars together, etc.

It's a pretty hefty box, stuffed to the gills. When I'm bringing it to a game night, I sometimes pull out 2 scenarios, a bunch of character cards, and the essential decks and put them in an 8-inch baseball card box for easy transport. Grab the rules and the player mat and I'm set.

Unless, of course, I'm trying to impress new players with how much game there is in this game... in which case, I'm bringing the whole box so they can see it all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If it wasn't for that huge-arse mat I'd store everything in the expansion box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
If it wasn't for that huge-arse mat I'd store everything in the expansion box.

Thanks for the idea!!! I'm stuck because I hate extra boxes so I tossed the Predator box (no chance of a trade on this set of games...). But I wonder if Predator and the predator mat and the Alien mat would fit in the base box and the Alien cards in the expansion... I'll report back...

edit:
With lots more ellipses...

Maybe...

(Just reread my post and noticed the distinct plethora of ellipses, apologies)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.