Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: New x wing player :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benny Devos
Belgium
flag msg tools
Im new at this game.

I saw all the the expansions and the 2 core sets.

Would it be a bad idea for buying all the force awakens expansions first? It not for playing tournaments, just have some fun with friends.

I would buy:

2 the force awakens core sets

1 heroes of the resistance exp

1 resistance bomber

1 Upsilon class shuttle

1 tie silencer

1 t-70 xwing

1 tie/fo

1 tie/sf

Would this be e good combination to have some fun or would i miss some gameplay elements that are essential for the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that there is a bad way to go if you're just playing for fun especially if you are planning on two core sets (that's a must in my opinion if just for the extra dice and extra set of templates.)

You should be able to have plenty of fun with just New Order and Resistance stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
for fun, buy a core set and then whatever ships you like to fly.

use online list generators to get rules for cards you dont own
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoeff wrote:
Im new at this game.

Would it be a bad idea for buying all the force awakens expansions first? It not for playing tournaments, just have some fun with friends.

I would buy:

1 resistance bomber

1 Upsilon class shuttle

1 tie silencer

1 t-70 xwing

1 tie/fo

1 tie/sf

Would this be e good combination to have some fun or would i miss some gameplay elements that are essential for the game?

Normally we suggest one of each of the different core sets, but looks like you want all the new EP7/8 stuff. Looks like a great place to start! If just playing for fun, start with small amounts of points (50 or so) and build up from there. You've got plenty for close to 200pts per side, which is all kinds of fun!

I'd also recommend a list builder for all those upgrades you won't already have. The only time you need to own all official stuff is when you play a tournament at a FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ramsey

North Dakota
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
jonnyd76 wrote:
Spoeff wrote:
Im new at this game.

I would buy:

1 resistance bomber

1 Upsilon class shuttle

1 tie silencer

1 t-70 xwing

1 tie/fo

1 tie/sf

Normally we suggest one of each of the different core sets, but looks like you want all the new EP7/8 stuff. Looks like a great place to start! If just playing for fun, start with small amounts of points (50 or so) and build up from there. You've got plenty for close to 200pts per side, which is all kinds of fun!

I'd also recommend a list builder for all those upgrades you won't already have. The only time you need to own all official stuff is when you play a tournament at a FLGS.

New to this as well—haven’t purchased yet but really considering.

What do you mean by “list builder...have”

Shot in the dark: is that like a print n play type thing? Like: you don’t officially have it but since it’s just text you can use it before you actually buy the official card? Or do you mean something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattramsey wrote:
New to this as well—haven’t purchased yet but really considering.

What do you mean by “list builder...have”

Shot in the dark: is that like a print n play type thing? Like: you don’t officially have it but since it’s just text you can use it before you actually buy the official card? Or do you mean something else?

http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build

Try this. The rules text on cards can be printed along your list. I don't even use the cards anymore, because of this squad-builder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.