Subject: Differences between 2nd and 3rd edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
The greatest political storm flutters only a fringe of humanity. But an ordinary man and an ordinary woman and their ordinary children literally alter the destiny of nations. GK Chesterton
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get a nice little summary of the differences between the two?

From a glance at the pre-KS campaign, it appears the card/symbols have been cleaned up/improved, the Sea Sami are included and fully integrated, but I can't see anything else...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding, it will have everything you stated plus some cleanup on cards and rules. The rest of what you will get will be based on stretch goals. So if it makes a lot the game will be totally blinged out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Christopher wrote:

From a glance at the pre-KS campaign, it appears the card/symbols have been cleaned up/improved, the Sea Sami are included and fully integrated, but I can't see anything else...

After doing a study of the card effects on average, I changed maybe a dozen cards? Nothing major, but from memory: lowered the victory points on the 2 big whales, increased ivory value of walrus, made orca icon a "take into hand" domestication, changed the sheep to be not so demanding, harp seal pup hunting much easier, change to great auk, changed the text on the Greenland shark to reflect the recent discovery that it is the longest-lived vertebrate known, and removed meteorite victory points.

Of course, many cards, including all events and all biomes in S. Greenland, changed to show the new 4th player. Some text clarifications on events. Daughter art all upgraded, definitely more marriageable now. And two more daughters and 2 new farm animals added. Some daughter re-roll abilities changed.

This is not a comprehensive list, just the ones that I remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
... Daughter art all upgraded, definitely more marriageable now.

lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Daughter art all upgraded, definitely more marriageable now

Good to know, those girls really need a redesign !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Sir Christopher wrote:

After doing a study of the card effects on average, I changed maybe a dozen cards? Nothing major, but from memory: lowered the victory points on the 2 big whales, increased ivory value of walrus, made orca icon a "take into hand" domestication, changed the sheep to be not so demanding, harp seal pup hunting much easier, change to great auk, changed the text on the Greenland shark to reflect the recent discovery that it is the longest-lived vertebrate known, and removed meteorite victory points.

Of course, many cards, including all events and all biomes in S. Greenland, changed to show the new 4th player. Some text clarifications on events. Daughter art all upgraded, definitely more marriageable now. And two more daughters and 2 new farm animals added. Some daughter re-roll abilities changed.

This is not a comprehensive list, just the ones that I remember.

what am i missing on the Sea Sami daughter whose only ability is to use Ivory instead of iron for "iron rule"?? ivory is precious even if you don't go monotheism due to its ability to give you trade goods and there is no guarantee of a supply source of ivory on the map like there will be of iron in the New World. compared to the other daughters in the game, her ability seems extremely poor. maybe in the last two rounds of the game I would use ivory to negate some hunter losses since i'm not that worried about losing out on a trade good the last round that can be used one time. but that's a very small window to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.