Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you recommend other games of this type that are good for 4-6 people? So far I have Wits & Wagers on my list but I'm looking for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely Wits and Wagers, then
Dixit
Snake Oil
Bring Your Own Book

And not as similar to all those as they are too each other, but every party-game chest should include Codenames (standard, Pictures, and Duet).

Then if more are desired, I'd go for CrossTalk, You've Been Sentenced! and Word Slam. And if it's somehow possible you've never run across Balderdash, definitely remedy that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for such excellent recommendations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also consider :

A Fake Artist Goes to New York
Skull
For pitching I like But Wait, There's More! over Snake Oil
Telestrations
Reverse Charades

I also keep hearing great things about Monikers which I believe since it’s the same game as Time's Up!

Hope this helps,

Bruce

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Griffiths
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infi01 wrote:
Can you recommend other games of this type that are good for 4-6 people? So far I have Wits & Wagers on my list but I'm looking for more.

The others have you well covered, but for computerised direct rip-offs look at Quiplash, Fibbage, Last Retort. (Quiplash is even marketed as The "say anything" party game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards Against Humanity has the similar set-up of a player asking a question, others presenting answers, questioner choosing a favourite and points being distributed. Certainly an acquired taste, but good for a simple game to play while the alcohol's flowing.

I've also got a pocket-sized game called Sussed! that's similar. One person asking a question, but the possible answers are multiple choice from the card and the other players just have to work out which answer the questioner would choose from those. It's a good alternative if you've got any people in your group who suffer from analysis paralysis, because then you don't have to wait for them to come up with their own answer (which can really grind a gaming session to a halt).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.