8 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Oh boy, crazy question: Any way to contact the creator? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Judd
Japan
flag msg tools
Just started using the forums and trust me, this isn't that. I don't want to reach out for a rule clarification or to gush on the game.

I'm a video game agent that represents a lot of talented teams. The more I play KD:M, the more it's quite clear there is something special here that could work in the digital space as well.

I know it's a major long-shot but any ideas on how to get in touch with the creator?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gromin wrote:
Just started using the forums and trust me, this isn't that. I don't want to reach out for a rule clarification or to gush on the game.

I'm a video game agent that represents a lot of talented teams. The more I play KD:M, the more it's quite clear there is something special here that could work in the digital space as well.

I know it's a major long-shot but any ideas on how to get in touch with the creator?

The creator has in the past mentioned a digital version of KDM possibly in the works, i have no idea at what stage it is at or if it is even started yet, or if he has a team on it or not.

We do know there is a a game based on KDM universe being made and it is an ios style side scrolling game that Poots did release some small images from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gromin wrote:

You could try through support via the online store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Poots has responded to me when I contacted him through the online store.

He doesn't always respond, but that's the way to do it.

If you want to catch him in person, then you'll need to go to Gencon in Indianapolis (he doesn't attend any other conventions- at least not officially).

As has been mentioned, there has been some videogame stuff done, but none of us know anything substantial about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoxe
msg tools
I've had worse.
badge
It's just a flesh wound.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you should be aware that Poots has a background in software development, from what I remember from an interview he walked away from his day job when he realized he could make as much or more selling minis.

Before KDM 1.0, there was a KS campaign KD iOS app that didn't get funding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/help-kingdom-deat...

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try his twitter account. He's fairly responsive there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gromin wrote:

Capcom Japan? https://www.giantbomb.com/ben-judd/3040-58539/

Capcom is one of the few companies I'd trust to make KDM right, I feel. You need to look at what level of profit he's earned from the Kickstarter, and how much you know, KNOW, a large-scale indie-dev would cost.

Most likely, whatever response you get from him will be "Let's talk about that in two-four years", at least that's my prediction, because he likes to keep his fingers in the pie and right now the pie is a mixture of the Gambler's Chest as well as the 18 New Expansions. Also, I would never EVER expect him to hand over any level creative control. With how successful the most recent Kickstarter was, that's something you should expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
gromin wrote:

Capcom Japan? https://www.giantbomb.com/ben-judd/3040-58539/

Capcom is one of the few companies I'd trust to make KDM right, I feel. You need to look at what level of profit he's earned from the Kickstarter, and how much you know, KNOW, a large-scale indie-dev would cost.

Most likely, whatever response you get from him will be "Let's talk about that in two-four years", at least that's my prediction, because he likes to keep his fingers in the pie and right now the pie is a mixture of the Gambler's Chest as well as the 18 New Expansions. Also, I would never EVER expect him to hand over any level creative control. With how successful the most recent Kickstarter was, that's something you should expect.

It is Adam's vision and pretty much his alone. He founded a company and did the almost impossible. He has so much invested in KDM that there is no chance he would allow anyone to take on the KDM license without Adam having control. I think it more likely he would go through a small indie company as opposed to a big publisher like capcom. But only one way to find out and that is to ask i guess. I could see a big market for KDM in japan tbh althoguh nudity would be heavily sensored. I think a small scale indie game of KDM could be as popular as darkest dungeon or FTL. Just don't expect triple a levels of interest or minecraft levels of success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.