11 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 2» Forums » General

Subject: Messed up rule. March Spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Reflecting on our successful March run, I realised we should have played with an extra epidemic card in the deck. I stupidly had counted the infection city cards instead of player city cards when working out the number of epidemic cards in the deck which may have been a deciding factor in our victory (6 plague cubes but cities well supplied at time of completion).

I hate the feeling I may have cheated, so am thinking of replaying in the pre-march state without making additional changes like new connections / recons (just noting them for victory conditions). Win or lose I'll either play the second half of March or beginning of April how the board is currently. Any better suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can pull it off ... I think your idea is a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think the main factor will be if my partner agrees too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Peterson
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules address this... if you make a rules error, move on. Don't replay it, just do it correctly in the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeep wrote:
The rules address this... if you make a rules error, move on. Don't replay it, just do it correctly in the next game.

I'll second that.
But I get your feeling. We made a very complicated plan started to execute it and then at the very end figuring out, that we forgot that you couldnt sail to inland cities. We couldn't roll back but counted it as a win, but didn't add the bonus point for the upgrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rambib wrote:
Reflecting on our successful March run, I realised we should have played with an extra epidemic card in the deck. I stupidly had counted the infection city cards instead of player city cards when working out the number of epidemic cards in the deck which may have been a deciding factor in our victory (6 plague cubes but cities well supplied at time of completion).

I hate the feeling I may have cheated, so am thinking of replaying in the pre-march state without making additional changes like new connections / recons (just noting them for victory conditions). Win or lose I'll either play the second half of March or beginning of April how the board is currently. Any better suggestions?

That's quite a minor error, I wouldn't replay it. Maybe next time you play at the end deduct a victory point or two from you game end reward to compensate. It sounds like you would have won anyway so even removing an rationed event next time you get them in a game sounds overly punishing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah wait, aren't we supposed to get extra epidemic cards after the first game in March?

Or were your successful March run a second game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik Verf
Netherlands
flag msg tools
In my opinion, less epidemic cards make this game harder. You want more epidemics so you can predict which cities come up easier while you can get cubes out of cities that will not come up. That is our strategy all the way and we had some moments where we really said: ‘I hope the epidemic is coming soon now or else we will have disease cubes on the board.’

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian N
msg tools
mbmb
freekhoorn wrote:
In my opinion, less epidemic cards make this game harder. You want more epidemics so you can predict which cities come up easier while you can get cubes out of cities that will not come up. That is our strategy all the way and we had some moments where we really said: ‘I hope the epidemic is coming soon now or else we will have disease cubes on the board.’

There are definitely elements of this at times. And staying on top of what city cards have, may and can't come out, makes a significant difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I think it's still worth avoiding Epidemics, if only for the sake of keeping the infection rate down. But I certainly agree the silver lining on an Epidemic is way larger in S2 than regular Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Irrgang
msg tools
jeep wrote:

And from memory it also says if you had an advantage then you can reduce the funding for the next game to make yourself feel better about it (though of course you can't do that if it's 0 already). Or is that just what it says in S1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.