Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If I want to play a Lightsaber (3 cost) on a Padawan (without any upgrades) and use Destiny to do it, do I remove a combined value of 2 or 3?

I know the FAQ says:
Quote:
DESTINY (101)
•“Before” effects that decrease the cost of a card cannot
be used in combination with Destiny to play a card with a
higher value.

But as far as I can tell the Padawan ability is an "ongoing" ability and not a "before" ability which is a "triggered" ability.

Quote:
Padawan: While this character does not have an upgrade, the cost to attach a weapon to it is decreased by 1.

Quote:
Destiny: Remove any number of your Blue dice. Play a card from your hand for free that costs equal to or less than the combined value of the Blue dice you just removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 sir
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
3 sir

I don't know an official ruling but this seems like a reasonable conclusion. Destiny's text says "Play a card from your hand for free that costs equal to or less than the combined value of the Blue dice you just removed."

One could argue that it just talks about the cost of the card in your hand, not the cost TO PLAY it on a specific character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
saturnkk wrote:
3 sir

I don't know an official ruling but this seems like a reasonable conclusion. Destiny's text says "Play a card from your hand for free that costs equal to or less than the combined value of the Blue dice you just removed."

One could argue that it just talks about the cost of the card in your hand, not the cost TO PLAY it on a specific character.

The reason why I don't think it's so clear cut is that one could argue that the cost of the card is 2 if the Padawan is the intended target.

If Destiny would have stated "Printed cost" it would have been obvious.

I guess the answer will also be applicable to K-2SO, if his ongoing ability affects the cost when playing Destiny or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.