Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules aren't perfect and aside from a few typos there are some ambiguties.

1. Doors are free to investigate and do not cost a square of movement but it states requires a skill test and another action to open the door. Then under open a locked door a success means the door is open. I am reading this as it just takes one action and that is the locked door test and if successful the door is open.

2. Goons and locked doors, if a goon becomes alerted inside a building e.g. from an event, will it open a locked door to move towards a heroic crew or goon starting position.

If yes do they lock it , does it cost an action for them to unlock/lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thorben
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
...repeat...
badge
...long slow goodbye...
mbmb
Starman54 wrote:
The rules aren't perfect and aside from a few typos there are some ambiguties.

1. Doors are free to investigate and do not cost a square of movement but it states requires a skill test and another action to open the door. Then under open a locked door a success means the door is open. I am reading this as it just takes one action and that is the locked door test and if successful the door is open.

2. Goons and locked doors, if a goon becomes alerted inside a building e.g. from an event, will it open a locked door to move towards a heroic crew or goon starting position.

If yes do they lock it , does it cost an action for them to unlock/lock.

I can answer question 1.
You check the door (costs no action) and see if it's maybe unlocked, If not you need an action and make a skill check to see if you can open the lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Murray
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. As answered by Thorben.

You check the door at no cost, flip the lock token over and then if it is locked it takes an action to attempt to unlock it. If it’s open you can use you move action to move in.

2. I have only just got the game today, and have yet to actually play, but I would say thematically that any Goon inside a locked room would have the keys, so would unlock the door, leave, and then lock it back up again.

This I would say would not cost the Goon an action, and would just be part of his move action.

If, when the Crew come to investigate the door, they find it open instead of locked, well, the Goon was distracted or just too dumb to lock it properly behind him!

That’s how I think we will play it until any official answer is given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 1. I am playing as you guys but my point was the wording implies another action.

As for 2. It needs clarification.

Also if there is a situation where a goon is outside a locked door whilst the crew enter another door which creates a goon in the room, what does the minion outside the room do ?

The question:-

Does a goon outside a building and adjacent to a locked door become alerted and unlock the door if a heroic crew is inside :-

a) At the end of a crew turn.

b) Only if another minion in the room.

c) do nothing stay unaltered.

d) something else.

If a goon is created in a room but out of site of any Heroic crew at the end of the crew turn (the one triggering its creation and subsequent crew turns) what does it do :-

a) head towards a goon start marker even if not its goon type.

b) place a goon marker of the goon type in the room.

c) stay in the room as no goon markers to head towards.

d) something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do not state that goons unlock doors so i would say they move only through open doors and if thats not possible to reach a heroic crew then it will act as if there is none and go inactive.

A similar question is in regards to targeting;
Do goons target any crew or only heroic crew?

I assume only heroic crew, but if a casual crew is blocking access to reach a heroic crew what then?
I assume they stay put until a path opens but try to get as close as possible.

The grammatical errors do seem to indicate they didnt proofread the rules extensively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
mb
It doesn't really say anywhere what to do with goons and locked doors. I posed the same question. Since it doesn't state, one would assume they must have to go inactive. But nowhere does it say.

Angelsenior wrote:
A similar question is in regards to targeting;
Do goons target any crew or only heroic crew?

I assume only heroic crew, but if a casual crew is blocking access to reach a heroic crew what then?
I assume they stay put until a path opens but try to get as close as possible.

The grammatical errors do seem to indicate they didnt proofread the rules extensively.

Only heroic. Thematically casual crew come off as random bystandards, but heroic crew have guns drawn, so they're seen as hostile to the goons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Luzetski
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since these are doors questions, thought I'd add mine here: If Mal is on one side of a door and a Thug is on the other, can they brawl? I know the door provides cover, but it doesn't say anything about how it affects brawling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They can brawl as normal, the door is an equal disadvantage for both side so no change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.