Subject: Any ideas about this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrice Dumas
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game just came in at my LFGS and i have absolutely no info about it. Anyone have info?

Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Connaughton
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not really. Been looking for reviews with little luck except for this one:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/12/in-depth-look-at-toky...

I am hoping it is good - my son loves the books and likes card games so I pre-ordered this for him. Hoping it will get him to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrice Dumas
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh but that was very informative.

Thanks Daniel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Morgan
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi everyone played this tonight with my son and 2 friends. We had fun but it did take awhile to play. The rules themselves are not well written and need to be clarified such as the draw step of a players turn in regards to what they mean by discard (players discard pile / or the Banish pile which they describe as the games discard pile). The first game we didn't complete as we were learning the game and decided to reset the game after a few turns. We played through an entire game the second time but rushed the ending to wrap it after an hour or so of playing.

Setup is simple their are 5 wards that make decks to draw and gain cards from. A location is attached to each ward as well.Every player gets 5 cards drawn from Ward 20 and a starting Allies deck of two different starter ally cards. The game can be won in two different ways such as by being the first player to accumulate 10 victory points or by controlling 3 locations. You play 4 allies from your ally deck every turn and they are worth one victory point each if they survive for the entire game round not turn they are scored at the beginning of turn). Allies are the main cards of the game and they generate influence (currency for using one time use cards and for gaining more allies for your allies deck. They can also be used to take over locations, used for different abilities, for combat to kill other players allies or to steal a location from opponents. You can also by enemy cards to put into an opponents ally deck to slow their progress and they have a separate enemy phase that harms the player if they were not killed or removed to the ally deck in some way. The final phase for a player is the draw phase which we felt needs more clarification because the rules state discard a card then draw to a hand of 5 cards from a single ward. The rules say that each player has a ally deck discard pile and that the game has a discard pile called the banish pile, but the rules don't clarify which you discarding too which essential can give you powerful cards for free and trigger big effects but it did help speed up the game and it never felt broken but we had to play the one time use cards as they go to the banish pile because they never go to the Allies deck.

So while we did have fun my group felt like we need to play test the game some more and house rule the game until a FAQ comes out. Also sorry about the wall of text hopefully this helps someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Connaughton
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. No problem about the "wall of text" - it was informative. Some things to keep in mind / help out when the game finally arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Connaughton
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just found out the following about this game from Shinobi 7. This is the reply to an email I sent Shinobi 7 concerned about how the game disappeared from the Ninja Division website:
"Ninja Division is no longer distributing the game. Shinobi 7 is publishing directly through distribution. There should be No problem getting the game for your retailer through Alliance distribution. You should contact the retailer about delays. The game had been in distribution since November."
Wanted to share in case anyone else is having issues with a pre-order for this game through their retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc: https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/249531
- Out of Stock

Game Nerdz: https://www.gamenerdz.com/tokyo-ghoul-the-card-game
- Current Stock: 2

Miniature Market: https://www.miniaturemarket.com/njd440201.html
- 5 in stock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.