Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi everyone!

I am looking to pick up some train sets and train terrain that will be in scale with the Dust 1947 world.

What train gauge or scale should I go for? I read that scale O (that is the letter not the number) is the appropriate one.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Any pictures? Suggestions?

I was looking at these two sets but I am not sure if the trains are from the correct time line for WW2:
1) https://www.trainworld.com/manufacturers/model-train-starter...
2) https://www.trainworld.com/manufacturers/model-train-starter...

Please let me know what you think, and please share any ideas or suggestions. I am also interested in picking up tracks and risers for the tracks or bridges.

PS - The dino set would be fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked into this. The main problem is that you usually would have to modify any completed buildings, as they are not designed for interior access. If you build kits, or have some skill for modifying, there is a lot available.

I did pick up two Mid-East buildings from Airfax in 1:48 scale, one intact, one partially destroyed. They're perfect for Babylon and Kondor scenarios.

There's a Rumanian company, Wespe Models, that has some very nice 1:48 vehicles, both kits and finished. They also have a few buildings for an airfield: a FLAK tower, barracks, and guardhouse. I especially like their non-combat WWII vehicles which make very attractive set decorations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Can anyone offer any train set and train specific terrain suggestions that I can use in my Dust 1947 games and scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.