Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick McKown
Canada
Spruce Grove
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
in Spruce Grove, Alberta. Looks really good :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Richards
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Photos, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I was wondering if, when you get a chance, you could list what other products are needed to play this. I just recently started to get back into ASL after decades away. I had sold all of my asl stuff but recently played ASLSK and was reminded of how much fun this system is. I have the 2nd ed rules, BV most recent edition, the Yanks reprint and just snagged a copy of Rising Sun. I am not willing to drop more money on FKaC given how much I have spent already and was planning on just stopping at this point. This module really interests me though so I need to know if it is worthwhile given what I have already. I have been searching around but have not been able to find any definitive answers.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a definitive answer. To play EACH of the 16 scenarios in the box, you need to have a lot of stuff, but you are pretty well along the way.

Three of the 16 scenarios involve the British, so that limits you to only 13 scenarios for which you have all the counters.

The boards required for to play every single scenario include:
2, 8, 9, 10, 15, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 33, 37, 43, 44, 50, 61, 80*, 81*, 82*, 83*, with the last four in the box. Between the modules you have, you have most of those.

Some of the scenarios require overlays, some do not. In light of the possible permutations, I don't think a list of "required" overlays really helps your understanding.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
I don't have a definitive answer. To play EACH of the 16 scenarios in the box, you need to have a lot of stuff, but you are pretty well along the way.

Three of the 16 scenarios involve the British, so that limits you to only 13 scenarios for which you have all the counters.

The boards required for to play every single scenario include:
2, 8, 9, 10, 15, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 33, 37, 43, 44, 50, 61, 80*, 81*, 82*, 83*, with the last four in the box. Between the modules you have, you have most of those.

Some of the scenarios require overlays, some do not. In light of the possible permutations, I don't think a list of "required" overlays really helps your understanding.

Hope this helps.

EXCELLENT. Thanks. I did also buy the map bundle so I will only be missing map 61. Worst case scenario I can try to print overlays from VASL. I think I will get this.
Thanks for your reply.
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Francis
Australia
South hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petdoc wrote:
Hi. I was wondering if, when you get a chance, you could list what other products are needed to play this. I just recently started to get back into ASL after decades away. I had sold all of my asl stuff but recently played ASLSK and was reminded of how much fun this system is. I have the 2nd ed rules, BV most recent edition, the Yanks reprint and just snagged a copy of Rising Sun. I am not willing to drop more money on FKaC given how much I have spent already and was planning on just stopping at this point. This module really interests me though so I need to know if it is worthwhile given what I have already. I have been searching around but have not been able to find any definitive answers.
Thanks.
y

Wow, I could have written this. I’ve recently done exactly the same thing (including all the map gaps). Except I preordered FW also.

It will provide more than enough until the FKaC reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived in ABQ, NM, today!

Edit: Looking forward to MMP giving the VASL elves their needed fodder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.