Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, a bit of a clickbait headline, but in fact i was shocked with how almost precisely dixit expansions fit with this game and can be part of a cheap storage solution.

Previously, i was reluctant to get rid of the original insert, primarily bec it holds the class boxes and minis boxes together so nicely. And i didn't want to buy or build an insert. But look at this!

Seems about up to 3 layers of Dixit expansions (equals 6) would fit perfectly once the insert is removed.

So that solves the boxes, what about the minis? Well, take a look at what you can do with one of those expansions you've now put in the box!

Particularly good news if you're looking for reasons to get more dixit expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...you are insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Moura
msg tools
If youre using the Dixit xpac box to hold the minis, where did the actual Dixit xpac content go ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next step, integrate Dixit mechanics with Gloomhaven...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Wongsa
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of this:
http://thingsfittingperfectlyintothings.tumblr.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DakonBlackblade wrote:
If youre using the Dixit xpac box to hold the minis, where did the actual Dixit xpac content go ?

The base game box for Dixit can hold 2 or 3 expansions worth of content in itself. At the same time, the boxes, like everything Dixit have lovely art and seem a pity to dispose of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rogers
msg tools
transcend11 wrote:
Next step, integrate Dixit mechanics with Gloomhaven...

Then replace Gloomhaven components with that of Dixit.
Finally Play Dixit.
Wait-- What Madness is This?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbess42 wrote:
DakonBlackblade wrote:

The base game box for Dixit can hold 2 or 3 expansions worth of content in itself. At the same time, the boxes, like everything Dixit have lovely art and seem a pity to dispose of.

actually this is why i still have those boxes - they are totally unnecessary (everything went perfectly into the dixit base), but look nice!

I feel like a hoarder not being able to rid of some things, and always glad when i can repurpose. Someone more artistically inclined might wrap the dixit boxes with gloomhaven thematic paper.

In any case, i think i will get rid of the original gh insert now, bec there is quite a fair amount of unused space in the nooks and crannies where the cards don't quite fit like i want them to. This should let me fit more in the box, while maintaining organization of the class boxes and minis boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.