Popular Tags: [View All]
David Greene
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is this game with two players? And for those who have also played the game at other player counts, how does the two-player game compare to the game at other player counts?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael MS
Australia
DUBBO
NSW
flag msg tools
Check my instagram @feeltheboardgame and Youtube @Feeltheboard
badge
Ouch, my nose.
mbmbmbmbmb
I already played with two players (Me and my wife. She's kind of a biology nerd)

You just need to follow the requirements. We never played with the VIRUS expansion, I have no opinion on that.

About playing with more people, we played with 04 players. VERY GOOD. More block around the game, the victory becomes much more difficult to predict.

In both ways I liked. Of course, playing with more people, in my opinion, is always better, we really like the interaction.

Final: Buy the game, especially if you have kids. There's plenty of replayability and the game is beautiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Greene wrote:
How is this game with two players? And for those who have also played the game at other player counts, how does the two-player game compare to the game at other player counts?

Thanks!

This is a very good game at 2 players with or without the vírus expansion.

It’s not that difficult to play virus and the game it’s simple enough so it adds another layer. I also like to play with epigenetics, a little twist

For me the best player count it's 3. Enough ways to block and you still have 4 actions per turn

At 4 it gets hard and crowdy and a less expedite player can easily be marginalized.

At 5 I personally don’t recommend it, only 2 actions per turn, a lot less control than in 2, 3 and even 4 player count. Maybe a house rule letting a player use a grey flask for 5/6 energy if not the first could mitigate this.

As an example at 5, if 3 players choose to keep one or two enzymes in the opening hand at least one off them will be out of the race and the other two will have a difficult time reaching 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funnily enough we feel the oposite of David! We rarely get the game out for 2-3 players and feel it shines with 4-5. I like the limitations that 4-5 gives, whereas at 2-3 it feels like you're playing more of a solitary game and a less challenging one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it at 2p and 4p. We are used to heavier games, and it 2p this game didn't shine so much. it is still good, I would just play something else.
The problem is that we ended up in a loop where one player was building a card and the other one was gathering resources and then, the round after, the roles were switching. there was very little competition and very little blocking :/

in 4p, however, the game was great! the blocking became heavily present, hate buying cards was happening almost every round and the game was just fun

If you like the theme buy the game, it is definitely worth even if 2p is not the best way to play it imho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Neumann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The second edition will have a 2p board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.