Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Dragonfire» Forums » General

Subject: Looking for 2 Promo Cards + Full Hidden Treasures or Alternatives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Lane
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I recently played this game and absolutely fell in love with it. I started doing research on buying my own copy before we were even done playing our first game. Of the information I came across, I was disappointed to find that there was an item pack exclusively for retailers and two promo character cards (Half-Elf Druid and Dragonborn Wizard) that are very tough to find for a reasonable price. Being the completionist that I am, I set out to find these rarities.

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had the promo cards they would be willing to sell and/or a link to a character design template I could use to make my own and print them off on card stock.

Thanks for any and all insight!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck. I've been trying to get that dragonborn for months!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lane
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Even evilBay had none up for sale. Honestly, I think the template is the best possible option and was wondering if there was one floating around out there somewhere for individual character creation. And if not, there definitely should be!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat, looking for both promos and that deck. So far no luck in my search... 😭 🐼
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would focus on what you have available, versus what you cannot have.

There is plenty of enjoyment in the retail offerings.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lane
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Oh I know there's a lot of great content readily available. But this is the curse of me being a completionist. That endless struggle to have all of the available options in a game. Has there been any word of Half=Elves and Dragonborn coming in the next expansions. I am hoping these promos are simply unique artwork and we'll see the same characters in future expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james kieffer
msg tools
mb
sirjrcalvin wrote:
I recently played this game and absolutely fell in love with it. I started doing research on buying my own copy before we were even done playing our first game. Of the information I came across, I was disappointed to find that there was an item pack exclusively for retailers and two promo character cards (Half-Elf Druid and Dragonborn Wizard) that are very tough to find for a reasonable price. Being the completionist that I am, I set out to find these rarities.

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had the promo cards they would be willing to sell and/or a link to a character design template I could use to make my own and print them off on card stock.

Thanks for any and all insight!


I was the same way. I demoed the game at my flgs and fell in love instantly buying one of everything.
Every now and then i see both promos on ebay for about $40 a piece. I havent seen the Hidden Treasures on there yet. I may be able to pick up a copy of hidden treasures from a friend but not sure what he will want for it. feel free to pm me and i can forward any questions
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameskiefferoh wrote:
sirjrcalvin wrote:
I recently played this game and absolutely fell in love with it. I started doing research on buying my own copy before we were even done playing our first game. Of the information I came across, I was disappointed to find that there was an item pack exclusively for retailers and two promo character cards (Half-Elf Druid and Dragonborn Wizard) that are very tough to find for a reasonable price. Being the completionist that I am, I set out to find these rarities.

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had the promo cards they would be willing to sell and/or a link to a character design template I could use to make my own and print them off on card stock.

Thanks for any and all insight!


I was the same way. I demoed the game at my flgs and fell in love instantly buying one of everything.
Every now and then i see both promos on ebay for about $40 a piece. I havent seen the Hidden Treasures on there yet. I may be able to pick up a copy of hidden treasures from a friend but not sure what he will want for it. feel free to pm me and i can forward any questions


Yeah I've seen a few Hidden Treasures up on eBay recently, all from the same seller, I think 6 sets now? Started at $99, then $115, and for the third set forward they have been selling them for $150 each...

And yeah the characters always seem to be 40-50$ each.

I can only assume that if you were able to get one it would only be the one? But if 2 are findable, I'd like to advise of my interest

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sirjrcalvin wrote:
Oh I know there's a lot of great content readily available. But this is the curse of me being a completionist. That endless struggle to have all of the available options in a game. Has there been any word of Half=Elves and Dragonborn coming in the next expansions. I am hoping these promos are simply unique artwork and we'll see the same characters in future expansions.


Learn to be happy with what you have.

It is the way to tranquility and peace.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lane
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
If I did that, then i wouldn't be a completionist, would I?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sirjrcalvin wrote:
If I did that, then i wouldn't be a completionist, would I?


They are both choices, yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.