Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: First Thoughts of 7 Wonders on Android rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Nesbitt
Canada
Grande Prairie
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alright, so having spent a few days with it I thought I'd chime in on some thoughts.

I absolutely love 7 Wonders, but I struggle to understand how it took this long for the app to finally hit Android and ios.

Regardless, here goes:

+The Game is perfection. Always has been.
+Expansions Cities & Leaders are coming "soon" (But why No Babel? Too complicated to fit onscreen?)
+The hud is very easy to understand. Simple colors like "Green is good" and "Yellow costs" make the game easy to navigate.
+There always seems to be people to play with (at least on Android)
+Priced at $8.50 this game is EASILY worth it.

-Getting dropped from your game is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING and FAR too common.
-Worse than getting dropped from your game is not being able to rejoin. Either it replaces you with someone else too quickly, or it wants BOTs to mess with your turn.
-It would be nice to know a little bit more about what people are playing on the opposite side of the "table." I know it's hard to fit that on the screen, but maybe the same way you can check their victories? Why does it show me so much about swords but nothing about science?
-The social component could use some work. Chat functionality is good... But very underwhelming. I feel like I've met some cool people playing. Can I have a "friends list" so we can meet up again? Can we chat outside of the start and end of a game? If I get a friend to buy it on their tablet, how do I play with them?
-A "Pass and play" function would be cool too for local games.

I've been a pretty critical, but only because I've been waiting for this game for years.
Definitely will play more and hopefully Asmodee adds some of the above suggestions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nestle wrote:
+Priced at $8.50 this game is EASILY worth it.


You can say the game is worth its price, but counting it as a "+"?

It's only the base game and there are almost no features (yet).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nestle wrote:
Alright, so having spent a few days with it I thought I'd chime in on some thoughts.

I absolutely love 7 Wonders, but I struggle to understand how it took this long for the app to finally hit Android and ios.

Regardless, here goes:

+The Game is perfection. Always has been.
[q="Nestle"]+Expansions Cities & Leaders are coming "soon" (But why No Babel? Too complicated to fit onscreen?)

IIRC, they already had Cities and Leaders implemented. For Babel, I'm sure they're going to implement that, but keywords are going to. It needs to be implemented to be available.



Nestle wrote:
-It would be nice to know a little bit more about what people are playing on the opposite side of the "table." I know it's hard to fit that on the screen, but maybe the same way you can check their victories? Why does it show me so much about swords but nothing about science?

The unauthorized Android version showed only one player's tableau at a time, but you could swipe left and right to switch between viewing all of them. It also stripped out the card art, so that made them smaller, to fit more on the screen at one time (not to mention cuts down on the footprint of the app, as images take up a lot of space relative to other things in digital bg).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems like a little known feature but you can "swipe" down on the other players wonder to see all the cards they have played so far
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Leatherbarrow
msg tools
im wondering if there are ANY (app based) board games that I could invite specific friends to play with. I like 7 wonders but I don't really care. The goal is to play a board game with friends that live states away.

Any ideas? or any responses to your original post?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liu Apertotes
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Hi! In Google Play, it says that the app "Offers in app purchases". If expansions are not yet available, what are those purchases?

Also, are wonders from the Wonder Pack available in the game?

Cheers!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
apertotes wrote:
Hi! In Google Play, it says that the app "Offers in app purchases". If expansions are not yet available, what are those purchases?

Also, are wonders from the Wonder Pack available in the game?

Cheers!


The in-app purchases refer to the (not yet available) expansions.

The wonders from the Wonder Pack are not yet available. Given that two of the four function with the expansions, I don't expect them to be available beforehand. They would be a very welcome addition though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the APP, but wished it had a play and pass option.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mpappy wrote:
I like the APP, but wished it had a play and pass option.


wouldn't this be painfully slow?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
mpappy wrote:
I like the APP, but wished it had a play and pass option.


wouldn't this be painfully slow?
I reckon it could. Perhaps enough for them to not bother implanting it. OTOH, if you can only play this so infrequently (e.g., once or twice a year) due to constraints with the physical game, then this could be a godsend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.