Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Brophy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi All,

Some rules questions here:

1.) Regarding hexes that do not require Clearing Operations (Towns, airfields), does a unit have to be in the hex during the Re-Org phase to take control? Or is moving a unit through the hex during the movement phase sufficient?

2.) In the Standard Scenario, there are no Non-Polish, Non-US, NATO forces that start the game in play? Just verifying this is correct, as it differs slightly from the Tactical Surprise Advanced game set up. I suspect the difference is that NATO forces are drawn as reinforcements starting turn 2 rather than requiring an Article 5 Entry die roll, but I wanted to verify.

3.) In all of the Scenarios, including Strategic Surprise, The US starts with 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 Marine Bn + 2-R Recon Bn. Yet according to the US Reinforcement schedule these units are Reinforcement "H". Is this intentional? Essentially these forces are always available starting turn #1?

3.1) Regarding the USN, when the US gets to start with 2 CVNs, and 2+ Amph naval units (such as the Standard Game, or Tactical Surprise Advanced game), where do these units 'fall' on the reinforcement schedule? Using Tactical Surprise Advanced Scenario as an example, it states the US starts with 2 CVNs and 2 Amph plus Reinforcements A-D. Reinforcement C gives 6 Marine Bde + 1 Amph. So does this mean the US starts with 3 Amph units?

4.) In the Advanced Game under SSR6, Sea Control is established pre-game, and both sides can gain control assuming they meet the requirements of GSR 5.6.1. Under this SSR, it appears the US can, if they roll well enough, have control cascade through the entire Baltic, which will then never change. Is this correct?

4.1) Does the US get a +3 drm to the control roll for the Bornholm Basin and Southern Baltic due to control of Bornholm on these rolls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1.) Regarding hexes that do not require Clearing Operations (Towns, airfields), does a unit have to be in the hex during the Re-Org phase to take control? Or is moving a unit through the hex during the movement phase sufficient?

See Series Rules 8.4 last sentence.

Quote:
2.) In the Standard Scenario, there are no Non-Polish, Non-US, NATO forces that start the game in play? Just verifying this is correct, as it differs slightly from the Tactical Surprise Advanced game set up. I suspect the difference is that NATO forces are drawn as reinforcements starting turn 2 rather than requiring an Article 5 Entry die roll, but I wanted to verify.

Correct

Quote:
3.) In all of the Scenarios, including Strategic Surprise, The US starts with 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 Marine Bn + 2-R Recon Bn. Yet according to the US Reinforcement schedule these units are Reinforcement "H". Is this intentional? Essentially these forces are always available starting turn #1?

Correct

I will try to get to the other answers later...can't look the rest of them up at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bbrophy75 wrote:
Hi All,

4.) In the Advanced Game under SSR6, Sea Control is established pre-game, and both sides can gain control assuming they meet the requirements of GSR 5.6.1. Under this SSR, it appears the US can, if they roll well enough, have control cascade through the entire Baltic, which will then never change. Is this correct?

Yes.

Quote:
4.1) Does the US get a +3 drm to the control roll for the Bornholm Basin and Southern Baltic due to control of Bornholm on these rolls?

Yes.

The other questions will require a bit more digging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
BooBoo130 wrote:
Quote:

See Series Rules 8.4 last sentence.

That sentence means that moving though during the turn is enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After digging, with Ralph, into this issue over the last few days, we've come to the conclusion that, somewhere along the way between design, development, and final proofing, we lost track of the correct order of appearance for USN and USMC Setup and Reinforcement Schedules across the various scenarios.

I've posted an edited NATO & US Setup and Reinforcement PAC. It's available in the Support Folder.

Essentially, use the new PAC and ignore the letter codes on the USMC counters. I'll see if I can fit replacements into the next Supplement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.