Istanbul: The Dice Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bazaar Card Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The Bazaar Card that displays a Mosque tile with a red arrow, and then below that another Mosque tile with a +1 action icon below it ...

Does that mean you can discard a mosque and take a mosque tile that gives you an extra action in return? If so, and no mosque tile of that type is in the face-up display do you search the draw stack to find one?

Or what exactly does that card mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerfenstein aka GirlyGamer
Australia
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
The Bazaar Card that displays a Mosque tile with a red arrow, and then below that another Mosque tile with a +1 action icon below it ...

Does that mean you can discard a mosque and take a mosque tile that gives you an extra action in return? If so, and no mosque tile of that type is in the face-up display do you search the draw stack to find one?

We took it to mean you could trade in a mosque tile that perhaps wasn’t very powerful and draw another AND take an extra action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GirlyGamerAU wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

We took it to mean you could trade in a mosque tile that perhaps wasn’t very powerful and draw another AND take an extra action.
... and this is the correct answer!
Just to be sure: You have to choose one of the 6 open Mosque tiles, you don't draw one from the stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
barandur wrote:
GirlyGamerAU wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

Just to be sure: You have to choose one of the 6 open Mosque tiles, you don't draw one from the stack.

I assume you need to discard a mosque tile and take a new one in order to get the extra action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
barandur wrote:
GirlyGamerAU wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

I assume you need to discard a mosque tile and take a new one in order to get the extra action?
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
barandur wrote:
GirlyGamerAU wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

Yes

To chip in on this thread, this card has also been causing headaches in our gaming group too after taking this game for its first (albeit popular) plays last week.

As a result, i'm in the process of drafting a FAQ for this game based on the Q&A's from these forums (I might upload it the files section if there's enough demand) but for the purposes of this card, i'm curious to know if the discarded mosque tile is shuffled back into the stack of mosque tiles or exiled from the game (put back into the box)?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
STIG240 wrote:
barandur wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
barandur wrote:
GirlyGamerAU wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

Yes

To chip in on this thread, this card has also been causing headaches in our gaming group too after taking this game for its first (albeit popular) plays last week.

As a result, i'm in the process of drafting a FAQ for this game based on the Q&A's from these forums (I might upload it the files section if there's enough demand) but for the purposes of this card, i'm curious to know if the discarded mosque tile is shuffled back into the stack of mosque tiles or exiled from the game (put back into the box)?

Cheers!

It goes back into the box. You can put it under the stack, if you like, but as you usually don't need all Mosque tiles, it makes no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.