Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mb
I have both the original game and the extreme one. I essentially already have two sets of cards from 1 to 60 (have to use the 1->100 as a one though since the other two versions have no 1s), and all I need is just print the rules and pretend that 1->100 card is 1->59 card and 100->1 card is 60->1 card. This version may be worthwhile for those who mainly play two-players and not already owning the other two. It would be nice if the rules and the extra few cards can be purchased separately, like the on fire expansion in the past, for those of us who own both of prior versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can play it with two sets of the original. Setup will be more annoying though and you would need to carry around two boxes.

However, the original was already redundant when you got extreme.

I gave away my original and kept extreme and face to face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
someone mentioned in another thread that you can play this with the cards from 1 copy of original or extreme by one player taking all the even numbers and one player taking all the odd? How true is this? Obviously you'd only have 50 cards each instead of 59 or 60... would this be a drastic change to gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be significant.

Also, since you have to play cards on the opponent's deck you would have to figure out that 73 maps to 23 for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome... thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could play with cards 2-59 from both of your The Game decks (The Game and The Game Extreme).

That would be nearly as good as playing with the original Face to Face cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Si Fei wrote:
You could play with cards 2-59 from both of your The Game decks (The Game and The Game Extreme).

That would be nearly as good as playing with the original Face to Face cards.

But the silver and gold decks look really pretty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.