Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Circles in circles level 6 card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Most of the control cards specifically say "with you controlling the action". Inexorable Momentum's bottom half does not say this. Does this mean that the summoned ally performing the move is still subject to AI movement rules?

I assume so, but it's a real shame given it's level 6 and the biggest hassle this class has is getting the crowd moving to the next room when there's no focus targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Loehr
Canada
flag msg tools
I agree with your interpretation. It doesn't say "with you controlling the action", so the move is subject to AI movement. Something that I overlooked until I saw your post. So thx.

The cool thing about the bottom action is that it's a move 3 and not a move+1, which allows for a summon to move even if they don't have movement stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I can't figure out the use case for the bottom of this card. It's only useful when there are monsters around, and then why would you use it?

Summoner runs back to send the Thorn Shooter ahead? Summoner is at the front, switches places with one of the wolves that is lagging? I can figure out why the Summoner would switch places with a Nail Sphere, but you can't take both level 6 cards, at least not at level 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
mb
I was going to type out the reasons I would use this card, but kept having to stop typing because I couldnt think of any good reason to use this card ever.

Maybe only if you wanted to get yourself out of danger and let your summons take the hits. Very very situational

I could see it still having uses, but not better than pretty much any other card action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Sometimes the pooches and/or the Healing Sprite get left behind when we've killed all the monsters in a room and haven't opened the next room yet. This is a way to go back and get them. At least, that's how I'd envision using it. It's not a terrific card, but the top is good and I'm not wild about the Nail Spheres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
kleep wrote:
Sometimes the pooches and/or the Healing Sprite get left behind when we've killed all the monsters in a room and haven't opened the next room yet. This is a way to go back and get them. At least, that's how I'd envision using it. It's not a terrific card, but the top is good and I'm not wild about the Nail Spheres.

Except, if you haven't opened the door yet to give a focus target then that Sprite still won't go anywhere.

Which is why I'm rather baffled that this card does not say "with you controlling the action".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used it for:
- The glorious top action (this feels like the main reason to take the card, since some summoner setups struggle against armor)
- To get a ranged pet out of melee
- To summon a melee pet and get it in to attack range quicker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.