Hide
5 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: What to buy from here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kieran McNeill
msg tools
After recently purchasing Devastation and finding out about the revamp and outdated rules etc. I managed to have everything to return it and get a refund. That being said, now I have nothing where should I start this time? I've seen many good arguments for starting with War Remastered, Fates and Trials so would like a few more opinions.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Trials is just the right amount of stuff if you are wanting to get started. It's got a good variety of characters, but not an overwhelming amount. It also just focuses on the PVP, which is the best part of the game. I also really like the tuck boxes that come with the characters. It makes the box feel really organized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Jakeman
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll throw my hat in with Trials. Primarily because each character comes with their own set of base cards, so it really is grab [a character] and go. In the other editions, you have a couple sets of bases that you would store separately from the character unique cards. While that's what you need to play, having the cards in the box requires less pre- and post-game time and is less intimidating to the people you'll introduce it to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Trials will be what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Yeah, I would go with Trials. The characters are fun, you have access to the most recently updated rules, the tuck boxes keep everything super organized, and it's small enough to take with you without being a burden - I've fit it in a backpack with other things, and it's not cumbersome at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.