Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gaia Project» Forums » Rules

Subject: Federation and satellite rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryota Morikawa
msg tools
When I form a federation, I don’t think I can place a satellite on a hex which is adjacent to my existing federation’s planet or satellite. But how about a hex which is adjacent to a planet or a satellite of my opponent’s federation? Can I place my satellite on such a hex or should I place it so that it is at least one hex away from any part of my opponent’s federation?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Rivest
Canada
Blainville
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place satellites adjacent to opponent's planets. I'm pretty sure you can even place a satellite on the same space as an opponent's satellite.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rmorikaw wrote:
When I form a federation, I don’t think I can place a satellite on a hex which is adjacent to my existing federation’s planet or satellite.

Correct. This would connect your planets to your existing first federation, rather than form a new one. For most races, this isn't a legal action.

rmorikaw wrote:
But how about a hex which is adjacent to a planet or a satellite of my opponent’s federation? Can I place my satellite on such a hex or should I place it so that it is at least one hex away from any part of my opponent’s federation?

You can border, and even share space with, an opponent's federation. Multiple players can have a satellite on the same empty space.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ljazz m
msg tools
I'm not sure that first statement is correct. I never read anything in the rules that said satellites were not permitted to be places adjacent to existing satellites.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljazz07 wrote:
I'm not sure that first statement is correct. I never read anything in the rules that said satellites were not permitted to be places adjacent to existing satellites.

Page 14: "Planets and satellites of the newly formed federation cannot be directly adjacent to planets or satellites from any of your existing federations."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryota Morikawa
msg tools
Thank you guys, I didn’t think a space could be shared by multiple players’ satellites, but after I read your answer, I found that page 14 of the rule book says this;
“A space can hold up to one satellite of each player color.”

I also checked the rule book in my mother tongue (Japanese) and noticed that this actually means I can place a satellite on a hex where another player has already placed his/her satellite as long as my satellite has not been placed there.

Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.