Subject: Minimum handsize? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Mari Kalkerup
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I couldn't find anything in the rules about a minimum handsize, but we had a game yesterday where a player destroyed enough cards in his deck to have hands consisting of only 3 cards. He couldn't draw all the way up to 5.
Is this even allowed, vuuksing for a hand where you can't draw the hand of 5 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no limit to your hand size. Neither is there to your deck size.
Either your player was unlucky with Nemesis cards or he overcommited to card destruction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Mari Kalkerup
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, he didn't overcommit. According to him.
He did 18 damage every other turn with only 4 cards.
He had two spells that did 2 damage + if you discard a gem from hand, it would deal additional damage equal to it's cost, And he had two sapphires worth 6 each..
I though he should have bought additional spells to do it every single turn, but it worked out fine.
I though it became too easy though, we went up against the Prince of Gluttony and defeated him easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Naizea wrote:
Oh, he didn't overcommit. According to him.
He did 18 damage every other turn with only 4 cards.
He had two spells that did 2 damage + if you discard a gem from hand, it would deal additional damage equal to it's cost, And he had two sapphires worth 6 each..
I though he should have bought additional spells to do it every single turn, but it worked out fine.
I though it became too easy though, we went up against the Prince of Gluttony and defeated him easily.

Having 4-6 cards in your deck by the endgame is extremely effective. I remember doing that with Kadir, a handful of Blaze, and enough aether to trigger her ability every turn (prep spells, draw 10 aether, buy charges, prep spells from the discard, repeat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
The drawback to it is how long it takes. Assuming you can get it up and running by endgame, you're very likely to win, but you're even more likely to be overwhelmed in phase 2. It works particularly well against Prince of Gluttons because he has very limited early-game pressure. Devour effects don't actually present an immediate threat, they just shorten your endgame clock, so you can focus a lot more on economic strategies. His mechanics can't actually force an early loss, you just have to keep pace before he closes in on his win condition. Against anything that presents more immediate threats, this sort of slow-burn econ-heavy strategy is a lot more risky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.