Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, say I have the church tile that allows me to spend money instead of influence. Two questions:

1. Can I mix the allotment? Say the cost is 5 influence, could I spend 3 influence and 2 reis?

2. Can discounts (e.d. treasury cards) be used to effect this? So if I had a -2 reis discount, would that previous example be 5 influence, or 3 reis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Meertens
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
You gotta hang on to the trip you're on
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Just curious, say I have the church tile that allows me to spend money instead of influence. Two questions:

1. Can I mix the allotment? Say the cost is 5 influence, could I spend 3 influence and 2 reis?

Yes, It's in the building example on page 18 of the rules.

Quote:
2. Can discounts (e.d. treasury cards) be used to effect this? So if I had a -2 reis discount, would that previous example be 5 influence, or 3 reis?

Yes, see this thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. That was my thread, but to be honest, I had hoped for a different ruling. I understand there are strong combos, but this one feels too easy.

Treasury card discount on purchases (good odds of getting one or more) +
Pay reis instead of influence (always available with 2 stores built)

Not to mention clergy tiles that augment or sub in this combo making it easier or stronger. Like the clergy tile letting you hire each official at a discount. Or the one the OP mentioned.

I find myself always looking to this combo unless starting tiles/cards point a diff direction.

I love the game but don't like default combos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.