1 Posts

Legends of Andor: Journey to the North» Forums » General

Subject: Maiden Voyages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drake Tungsten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just won Legend 7 on the second try (solo, with Stinner & Thorn + Grenolin, after losing with Stinner & Chada + Grenolin). Great game. Like the base game, there's little margin for error, which I quite enjoy. One thing I noticed was the need to burn an hour here & there while the Hero on the ship waited for the other guy to make his shore-side delivery, though I speculate this may be less of a problem with more Heroes.

I definitely see the push-your-luck nature of the Ballista, as this victory pretty much hinged on getting those extra battle points - in this case, Thorn rolled a 5 on his 4th die after after rolling a 5 on his 3rd one. With only 4 Fame and about to run out of hours, we wouldn't have made it past sunrise. A near-disastrous complication arose as endgame approached:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We had closed out the day docked at Sturmtal in perfect shape for Stinner to carry Merrick to safety *and* get the 14 Willpower, after nearing exhaustion and down to just 4 WP. Then comes a storm. . .fortunately, it tossed us right to Silverhall - had we ended up anywhere else, I don't think there'd have been time to help Merrick and still reach the Giant in the same day.

The Gifts of the North are quite nifty. Loved the unexpected ending upon winning that last battle. Thrilled with this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.