Subject: Nazgûl and a Shadow Stronghold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradford Murdock
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
Can a free people army enter a SP Stronghold with a Nazgul occupying the stronghold? Does the FP declare attack to force him out or is the Stronghold clear for purpose of movement? Does free people get the victory points even if the stronghold is occupied by a Nazgûl?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A settlement that does not contain enemy units is free for purposes of army movement. Nazgul are not units; therefore, a FP army can move in and conquer without needing to attack. The Nazgul would just stay there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael MS
Australia
DUBBO
NSW
flag msg tools
Check my instagram @feeltheboardgame and Youtube @Feeltheboard
badge
Ouch, my nose.
mbmbmbmbmb
" The Nazgûl or Ringwraiths are the SP Leaders. All Nazgûl (the Witch-king is one) do not have to be part of a friendly army and may move to any region with a single move. They are unaffected by an enemy army in the same region. However, Nazgûl without an army cannot move into a region with a stronghold controlled by the FP unless it is besieged by the SP."
Extracted from the Universal Head 4.4 - War of the Ring

Following the Leader rules, I don't believe the Nazgul have any power to hold anything without an army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Murdock
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
Thank you for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.