Popular Tags: [View All]
G. L.W.
Germany
Menden
Großbritannien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, received my copy yesterday. Can someone tell what are the plastic "things" are for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Storage meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they are the lids for de boxes if you seperate the inlay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
antoi wrote:
they are the lids for de boxes if you seperate the inlay.

Which I highly recommend you do. It's awesome to just hand each player their box with all their components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

WBuchanan wrote:
Which I highly recommend you do. It's awesome to just hand each player their box with all their components.

I ultimately decided to use 4"x5" plastic ziplock bags for that purpose instead... less clutter on the table top and makes it easier to fit all the expansion contents in the core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, unless you mean buildings and leader figures, I was able to store all the expansions and still use the containers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Buildings, yes. Leader figures, no.

I simply found the boxes to take up a lot of wasted space, is all. With a plastic bag, the entire volume of the bag is filled. With those boxes, less than 50% of each box's volume is filled. Take all that wasted space out of the box and then everything fits without it becoming a puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bgm1961 wrote:

I simply found the boxes to take up a lot of wasted space, is all. With a plastic bag, the entire volume of the bag is filled. With those boxes, less than 50% of each box's volume is filled. Take all that wasted space out of the box and then everything fits without it becoming a puzzle.

Put it this way then ... if you're gonna keep the insert, cut them so they are individual containers. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Put it this way then ... if you're gonna keep the insert, cut them so they are individual containers. Highly recommended.

Hmmm... why would you think that I didn't do that? That was the first thing I did after opening the game box. The point being that each of the black boxes isn't efficient storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
bgm1961 wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Hmmm... why would you think that I didn't do that? That was the first thing I did after opening the game box. The point being that each of the black boxes isn't efficient storage.

Ha. You need to stop thinking people are always speaking directly at you, about you ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.