Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Core game plus mixing all expansion cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
When you have the Core game plus all expansions how do you keep the cards sorted, all in their separate sets or do you keep them all together?
Also when playing do you play with the cards from just the Core game plus what ever expansions you choose to play with or do you mix in other cards from other expansions that can be added ie Spell cards or even cards relevant from the Miskatonic Horror?
Do you keep the Monster tokens separate or add them all in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep all the scenario cards separated, and the player cards together. Also, I don't limit myself when playing, so I use all available cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
What are scenario cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
What are scenario cards?

He's probably talking about Arkham Horror: The Card Game rather than Arkham Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, yes. That's what you get when the fingers are faster than the brain. Anyways, i have everything grouped together by type. If I just don't want to use certain exansion, then after drawing a card from the said expansion, I just discard it and draw another one. Monsters are in one big pile, except for the special ones (masks, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
When you have the Core game plus all expansions how do you keep the cards sorted, all in their separate sets or do you keep them all together?
Also when playing do you play with the cards from just the Core game plus what ever expansions you choose to play with or do you mix in other cards from other expansions that can be added ie Spell cards or even cards relevant from the Miskatonic Horror?

Here's the items we use in every game, no matter which expansions are in play:

Mix all Common Item cards (variety)

Mix all Unique Item cards (variety. Yes, finding Elder signs is harder, but it also prevents farming the Curiositie Shoppe, which is pretty cheesy anyway)

Mix all Spells (variety)

Mix all Skills (some specialty exceptions specific to an expansion)

Mix all Allies and draw 11 (variety)

Always use Personal Story Cards

Always use Relationship Cards

Always use Madness and Injury Cards

Mix all gate cards with the exception of dual expansion symbols from Miskaonic Horror. We always skip the first "Other" if it doesn't match the Other World you are in.

Mix all locations (variety). If you come across an encounter too specific to an expansion, draw another card.

Mix in all base Miskatonic Horror Mythos with the base game Mythos
cards. Then, only use that deck with the Mythos cards from the expansion deck you are playing. You can create a proportional mix deck, or roll to see which deck to draw from.

Mix in the Lurker and base game gates (variety. We rarely run out of gate tokens even if we're playing with one or the other set)

Always use Epic Battle Cards

Most people just use all the monster tokens, though some folks have various methods to skew by Ancient One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:

There's different approaches to this.

I used to have anything that is usable on the main board in the same decks, and all applicable monsters in the monster cup.

Nowadays, my setup is highly personalized: The encounter decks are geared towards specific factors, I have ten different mythos decks based on various themes and even have special rules for gates and monsters. The spell, item and unique decks are also streamlined.

One of the great things about AH is how extremely flexible it is, without hurting theme or gameplay. I don't know any other board game with the sturdiness and flexibility to allow for such a degree of customisation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you may want to check out this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23380182
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Late Night Gamer
Norway
flag msg tools
http://youtube.com/lnightg
badge
mbmb
This is how I do it. It takes care of setup time and allows you to pick and choose your expansions. I do it similarly for EH as well.

https://youtu.be/K4SJN6uD5do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.