Subject: Purchasing dilemma: Vinhos Deluxe or Vinhos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ludovica Sìndici
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm struggling on deciding which version of Vinhos I should get:

I can grab a second-hand first edtion copy at half price of the new Deluxe edition.
We mostly play in two and we really like Lacerda's designs.

Should I buy the new shining edition (NIS) or save money on the used first one?

Thanks everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
badge
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
mbmbmbmbmb
That is of course a question of taste in terms of design. I know people who prefer the old design, I much (!) rather prefer the new one.

But I think that there is an objective argument towards the Deluxe edition: There are 2 games in the box!
At first you get the original version with minor improvements in the rule book and than you get a shorter, “streamlined” version that I personally prefer. It gives you the same feeling of the game in two thirds of the time.

In addition you get the expansions (those where included in the KS) that fit the design of the new one, although you can play them with both...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Gonzalez
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know Vinhos with rules and components is inside the Vinhos Deluxe 2016 edition.

Mine at least has all that stuff and the board is twosided. On side for the 2010 Version and one for the newer 2016 version.

Love Vinhos, btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LadyPunisher wrote:
I can grab a second-hand first edtion copy at half price of the new Deluxe edition.
Thanks everybody!

First edition, second hand, at half the price of the new Deluxe Edition ? I don't think it's a good deal. The first edition cost, at its release, half the price of the Deluxe so 7 years later it would cost less.
And the Deluxe version is just wonderful, with 2 sets of rules, lot of great components and cover art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.