Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Self-made player aid with common tables rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerrit G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently read somewhere that it would be helpful to make copies of the most commonly used tables in the rulebook. That is certainly a good idea to save some time and to reduce the stress on the rulebook's binding. However, I thought that just copying the pages would produce a whole batch of disparate papers. Plus, the severe injury tables are white writing on black background... ugh. So instead, I sat down and created my own double-sided player aid. Basically by transcribing the relevant tables myself. This is what I could fit on a two-sided, normal-sized page:

side 1:
- the 5 severe injury tables
- the brain trauma table

side 2:
- the intimacy table (including annexes)
- the 4 age tables
- the 3 bold tables (including ability descriptions)
- the 3 insight tables (including ability descriptions)
- the 3 overwhelming darkness tables

I still have some room left if I rearrange the tables a bit. Is there any commonly used table that I missed? I don't want to include tables that only come up every couple lantern years, like Hooded Knight, White Secret or Heat. Looking those up in the rulebook every once in a while is fine.

Do you think I can post that player aid here on BGG? It is 99% hand-copied text from the rulebook, so releasing it on the internet would probably infringe on Kingdom Death's rights. Before I release it, I would ask Poots first. Any idea how to contact him about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to have this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not room for the Mineral Gathering and Herbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Maricich
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
As long as you aren't using any of the official artwork I don't see why he would have a problem with you sharing a reference sheet like that. Theres already so many custom survivor sheets on bgg that he doesn't seem to have a problem with.

I think as for contacting him your best bet would probably be http://www.kingdomdeath.com/support. Theres definitely no option for the question you are asking, but thats the only way I know of to get a message in to the company.

But dunno if thats appropriate. its your call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
Probably not room for the Mineral Gathering and Herbs.

Those take up a lot of space. They would add a third page, making this player aid less handy. Or they would force me to reduce the font size even more. That's why I opted against including them. Also, our group never used either of them within 15 lantern years.

w33t wrote:
As long as you aren't using any of the official artwork I don't see why he would have a problem with you sharing a reference sheet like that. Theres already so many custom survivor sheets on bgg that he doesn't seem to have a problem with.

It is a very simple MS Word document (turned pdf). Just plain text in simple tables. I checked other available files and some of them even use official artwork. There is already a player aid that shows all severe injury tables, though it is a German translation.

I was a bit worried since I have never uploaded a file here on BGG before and because my player aid is 99% text copied from the rulebook. Not copied as in scanned though. Copied by hand. It doesn't violate the BGG rules for uploading files at least.

I set my worries aside and just uploaded it here on BGG. It says it will probably take a week or two before the upload is approved and before the file will be available. I will update this thread once I notice that the file is ready for download.

Edit:
I guess the time estimation given by info blurb was veeeery conservative. The pdf has already been approved and is available for download in the files section.

Feel free to make comments and suggestions. I know it is not a very pretty thing, but I hope it is as useful to you as it is to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.