King of Tokyo» Forums » General

Subject: Is there any point to buy Power Up if I have the KONY one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erwan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
I have both KOT, KONY and the power up for KONY.

Considering I have evolution cards to play KONY monsters in KOT, is there any point in buying the KOT power up extension? I know I'll get a new character and cards for KOT monsters in KOT, but as far as gameplay goes I already get the same experience with the KOT cards that come with the KONY power up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Neau
msg tools
mb
Well, I mean the cards will be different. The power up cards really are tailored to each character. Take space Penguin. He has powers that freeze things. Very thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are referring to the original Power Up expansion, it did come with Panda Kai as a playable character as well as the power up cards for Kraken and Cyber Bunny which are not in the newer sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
If you are referring to the original Power Up expansion, it did come with Panda Kai as a playable character as well as the power up cards for Kraken and Cyber Bunny which are not in the newer sets.

Actually Pandakai is in the new version of KOT: PU, along with the Evolutions for Kraken and Cyber Bunny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be mainly for variety.

Yes the cards are different, but there's no real change in general experience.
Especially so if you don't require that "evolutions match monster".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.