9 Posts

Paths to Hell» Forums » Rules

Subject: Formation morale check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's unclear to me if a formation morale triggers a single check or if each unit checks individually.
Section 10.2 talks about a single check per formation but the illustrated example in 10.5.1 seems to say the opposite. In this example the French formation performs a "formation morale check" triggered by an Axis attack that causes 1 step loss more than the number of the units in the formation.
That's fine. But here instead of checking the morale one time only for the entire formation, we have each unit singularly checking its morale. What is the correct procedure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
samuele wrote:
It's unclear to me if a formation morale triggers a single check or if each unit checks individually.
Section 10.2 talks about a single check per formation but the illustrated example in 10.5.1 seems to say the opposite. In this example the French formation performs a "formation morale check" triggered by an Axis attack that causes 1 step loss more than the number of the units in the formation.
That's fine. But here instead of checking the morale one time only for the entire formation, we have each unit singularly checking its morale. What is the correct procedure?

Hy Samuele

Checking the morale one time only for the entire formation

regards

JCC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok thanks, so I assume that example referred to something you changed in PtH, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
samuele wrote:
Ok thanks, so I assume that example referred to something you changed in PtH, right?

Hi Samuele

10.1 Talks about FORMATION (Company) morale checks
10.2 talks abut UNIT (Platoon) morale check
10.5.1 Talks about RALLY, rally is cheking unit by unit.

Regards

JCC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
Now I see...!
The rulebook I have differs from the digital copy you can download from the publisher web site... how is it possible?
The digital copy describes a rally procedure whereas my hard copy wrongly describes a morale check in section 10.5.1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
samuele wrote:
Now I see...!
The rulebook I have differs from the digital copy you can download from the publisher web site... how is it possible?
The digital copy describes a rally procedure whereas my hard copy wrongly describes a morale check in section 10.5.1

Hi Samuele from digital rules:

10.1 Formation Morale Check Procedure
10.2 Unit Morale Checks.
10.5 Rallying Routed Units
10.5.1 The units of a routed formation may return to action if they rally.

Is the same as paper rules

regards

JCC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
Please look at the images below: the first two are taken from my copy of PtH rulebook, the third one is a snap shot of the rules you can download from the publisher web site... see the different examples here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
samuele wrote:
Please look at the images below: the first two are taken from my copy of PtH rulebook, the third one is a snap shot of the rules you can download from the publisher web site... see the different examples here!

Sorry Samuele, the correct is the example in the rules you can download from the publisher web site.

regards

JCC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Where can we find the latest downloadable rules?

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.