Mascarade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Speaking in other player's turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Molari
msg tools
mb
Hi!

Can I speak in other player's turn, telling him about role of another player or give him suggestions to avoid another player victory?

I didn't find nothing about it in the rulebook, but I think it's an important rule to specify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not stated as illegal in the rulebook, it's allowed.

You can also bluff people by convincing them of incorrect info to assure your own victory.

But there is nothing against saying, "Brian, you need to swap or not with Russ or he will claim king and win on his next turn!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral

Argentona, Barcelona, Catalonia
msg tools
mb
I would say that the fact that the boocklet doesn't say anything about it doesn't automatically mean that it is allowed to speak. I take it to mean that the players should agree before each game whether they will be allowed speak or not. It is good to alternate both ways and have different experiences of Mascarade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
"Brian, you need to swap or not with Russ or he will claim king and win on his next turn!"

Why do I need to swap? And who is this Russ character, anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elucidarian wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
"Brian, you need to swap or not with Russ or he will claim king and win on his next turn!"

Why do I need to swap? And who is this Russ character, anyway?

A longtime friend and he has the king and 10 coins. He must be stopped and you are the last player to act before his turn!
You must stop him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We houserule a strict no interference rule when it comes to other players' actions. It was after one player said that they'd only challenge another player's claim if no other player was planning to challenge, which then led to some players discussing which of them would be the sole one to challenge and collectively deciding who had the best shot of having the required card. It all felt a little bit like it was taking away from the game's design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.