5 Posts

Flamme Rouge» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Tour de Stage 7-12 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Wegge
Denmark
flag msg tools
So I did the six new stages with two bots, the power and peloton teams. And boy did I get crushed. I started out as suggested with choosing three exhaust-cards for my team and halfway through first race my sprinter was "miles" behind. And almost the rest of the tour he suffered from the amount of exhaust-cards he picked up.
Also I felt a bit unlucky with card drawings, especially how Peloton got the right card in 88-93% of drawings, so no wonder Peloton won by quite a margin in almost all of the races.

When you guys play, how do you start out, cause as it states in the rules, Peloton first in random order, then power with sprinter up front and then me. Leaving me with my two riders side by side in the last open spot of a. That, of course, should add to great advantages of slipstream, but I never got the full potential of that.

I'll try doing it again soon and see if I have more luck, of course now I have the understanding of how the bots work and will get the hang of how to use them to my advantage.

Would have provided a picture of final score if I knew how laugh

Lastly, thanks for a great add-on to the game Asger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hidde Warendorff
Netherlands
Culemborg
flag msg tools
mb
Hah sounds like quite the tour you had. I know from experience that this setup can be tough, and the peloton team is really able to kick your ass if you're unlucky.

I'm no expert. But i do notice a couple of things from your review.

First and foremost, you're sprinteur lagging behind by himself should never happen. If your sprinteurs starts to fall behind, start your turn with choosing his card and then pick your rouleurs card accordingly, pulling him back into the peloton.
As you're the only team picking up exhaustion cards, it is vital to keep those to a minimum. The best way to make sure you don't pick up too much is by keeping your riders together.

Bots getting the right cards each time is simply unlucky. Especially on hills they can really mess up, which make those points ideal to capitalize on. But choose your battles. I feel that some stages, like their lucky ones, are not meant to be won by you. So you might want to do some damage control on these stages.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently doing 6 stage tour myself but I think I may have lost it in the 3rd game. The first turn of the 3rd stage my Sprinteur could basically choose between a 3 or an exhaustion and I choose accordingly for my Rouleur, to make sure he stayed near the Sprinteur. But then the rest of the pack made a run for it leaving my 2 cyclists (and 1 bot) behind. As I didn't get the cards to catchup, nor the cards to keep my cyclists close enough together, it became an uphill battle. In the end the Rouleur got 4 exhaustion cards, but the Sprinteur got 9! I'm not sure how I'm gonna recover from this blush

Note: I play with 1 Peloton team and 2 muscle teams, and don't lose exhaustion between stages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hidde Warendorff
Netherlands
Culemborg
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think I'd ever play without losing exhaustion between stages. What happens when you don't is that the game becomes a puzzle, having to continiously make sure you are not ahead. It stops you from taking chances.

For me, a big part of the fun in this game is trying to figure out when to pounce, when to make a run for it. Which can be near the finish, but can also be right at the start.

Not losing exhaustion cards makes it virtually killing to break away at the start, or even halfway, a stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like it Adam!

I hope to do some videos where I solo game it here the next few months. Maybe I can help with some strategy!

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.