Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did previous Archon games (LOAD, RE-LOAD, and Vanguard of War) have late backing options? Is there any expectation that Chronicle-X will?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Stensson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RE-LOAD had a late pledge option, and the link is still there on the KS project page (although that link is probably dead now since the PM closed long ago).

I have suggested to them that they should put an answer about possibility for late pledges into the KS FAQ section for Chronicle X, but haven't seen any response yet.

On the other hand, it seems they're using the same pledge manager as for some previous projects, and it already has entries for "CHRONICLE X LATE PLEDGE" levels:

http://archon-studio.com/shop/index.php?id_category=12&contr...

The add-ons are missing, though, and I don't know if you can actually make a late pledge there yet. But at least it looks a lot like they intend to offer late pledges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lstensson wrote:
RE-LOAD had a late pledge option, and the link is still there on the KS project page (although that link is probably dead now since the PM closed long ago).

I have suggested to them that they should put an answer about possibility for late pledges into the KS FAQ section for Chronicle X, but haven't seen any response yet.

On the other hand, it seems they're using the same pledge manager as for some previous projects, and it already has entries for "CHRONICLE X LATE PLEDGE" levels:

The add-ons are missing, though, and I don't know if you can actually make a late pledge there yet. But at least it looks a lot like they intend to offer late pledges. :)

Awesome, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Deare and Julie Charlton
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:
lstensson wrote:

The add-ons are missing, though, and I don't know if you can actually make a late pledge there yet. But at least it looks a lot like they intend to offer late pledges.

Awesome, thanks!

You can currently make a late pledge on the kickstarter for Chronicle X
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice_and_Dragons wrote:

You can currently make a late pledge on the kickstarter for Chronicle X

Fantastic, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so on the fence about doing a late backing. I waited for the contest results... and not a winner (of course), which was not a gamble.

I guess the nature of backing a Kickstarter is a gamble of $200. I just need to either decide if the risk of this is worth it. The game looks like it could be really cool. I've only started looking at this in the last 2 weeks. Anyone here have some good points to share about what would make the risk worth it? I would love some opinions.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceMind wrote:
I am so on the fence about doing a late backing. I waited for the contest results... and not a winner (of course), which was not a gamble.

I guess the nature of backing a Kickstarter is a gamble of $200. I just need to either decide if the risk of this is worth it. The game looks like it could be really cool. I've only started looking at this in the last 2 weeks. Anyone here have some good points to share about what would make the risk worth it? I would love some opinions.

Thanks.

The gameplay currently looks very shallow, but the developers say that they are adding a lot that will address concerns raised here. What exactly that is remains to be seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
I'm waiting to see how gameplay shapes up before deciding how much I'll eventually go in for. I didn't go all in during the kickstarter since there are so many things we don't know how they will be addressed. I'll be watching really closely as rules updates come out, and hopefully some details are released.

As of right now, we have absolutely no information on a single item in the epic pledge and what any of them will add to gameplay. Hopefully that is fixed before the pledge manager.

So right now, as far as late backing...

If you love the miniatures, there is plenty of reason to back for those.

If you are looking for a great game, we still are waiting to see more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the theme... But knowing so little?
Send Rahdo a copy and get us a let's play.

For now... I'm hoping for a retail. Don't want to go on with 200$ at this state.

Sad, as the X-Com feel alone is intriguing. But not enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Stensson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you could go with the basic pledge for $99, which gets you the basic game and all the stretch goals. The stretch goals may be difficult to get later, but the expansion, you can probably pick up in retail or on eBay later if you like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, but with what little we know I won't even go for the 99$ pledge.
For my part I would have preferred they would have started the KS campaign at a later stage with more to show. At the moment it feels more like backing blind. Or more like backing an idea.
I hope they reveal some more stuff before the pledge manager closes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.