Josh Davis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Odyssey: Wrath of Poseidon

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/dailynews

I see mixed reviews on this game. Thought it might interest my wife who I try to get to play more games with me. Any thoughts from you guys. And for 9 bucks, as i have a customer hold already, doesn't seem to shabby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Springfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeepleOfTheCloth wrote:
Odyssey: Wrath of Poseidon

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/dailynews

I see mixed reviews on this game. Thought it might interest my wife who I try to get to play more games with me. Any thoughts from you guys. And for 9 bucks, as i have a customer hold already, doesn't seem to shabby.

She might play more games if you didn't try playing the mediocre $9 games with her. Just kidding, the game looks neat but it seems nobody ever talked about it. With only 9 pics on bgg and zero being game play from the owners I can't help but think this is adud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Montgomery
United States
Otisville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree here. Deal shopping is for omni-gamers that will play anything for the experience. Trying to get someone into gaming is about spending the money on a couple really good games that show them the potential of gaming together.

If they like puzzles try a polyomino game like Cottage Garden, Patchwork, Barenpark, Number 9, etc. Start lighter and work heavier...don't start with a discount game because that is more susceptible to having someone just give up on gaming in general.

This is learned through experience and now I have a gamer wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped buying games that rated below 7.5 and I only pat $30+ if its an 8+

Guilty pleasures excluded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the game. I like it more than most (I really like the theme and deduction games),but I will say it was a bit of a disappointment for me. Now I paid like $28. For $9 I wouldn't have been as disappointed. The key to enjoying this game is that the Poseidon player needs to do lots of unexpected moves. If Poseidon almost always moves the ships in the opposite direction of the island the game is very boring for both sides (yet this is a viable strategy).
I have found it really group dependant, but if I didn't already own it I would buy it as this price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.