Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Player count rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Malinsky
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I have read that this game has basically AI players. How is gameplay with these. I’m curious because I play a lot of solo games because I live in a area without a lot of gamers. Would it be worth while to play solo with a bunch of AIs? If so how many?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
South Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to one of the designers, the Automatta was balanced around 2 Automatta to one human player. I'm playing 2 humans vs 2 Automatta and I find that the way they're programmed they will push to end game slightly faster then we wish. But maybe that's a good thing otherwise we'd likely spend way too long each game just scoring VP. I just watched a video where a reviewer played purely solo and he felt that rush even moreso.

To play them I found the AI to be on par with the Scythe Automatta, but the iconography was easier, for me, to read and play. As the AI is pretty straightforward, Automatta charters are built haphazardly, vs a human that would perhaps build more thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Malinsky
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
So if I played solo how many autonoma would u recommend? One to one seems like I’d waste quite a bit of game. Or should I just not do it and try to find at least one more person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would start a campaign with yourself and 2 Automa players. If you want more, you can have up to 5. They will unlock a LOT of things very rapidly though, fair warning.

Two is the recommended number for solo plays, per the Automa designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
mbmbmbmbmb
kredal wrote:
I would start a campaign with yourself and 2 Automa players. If you want more, you can have up to 5. They will unlock a LOT of things very rapidly though, fair warning.

Two is the recommended number for solo plays, per the Automa designers.

Yes, they do unlock rapidly. If I played the game solo, I would probably only play with 2 automa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.