Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a sucker for making my games easy to setup and tear down as well as play. I like putting them together too. Anyway, thought I'd post a few pictures of the inserts. Note I have an insert for the main box, the Wulfsberg box and the Abomination bosses box. That holds everything I have, but I don't have the deadeye walkers or the crows.

Here's the last bosses box. I did the first two and then realized I couldn't fit the bosses in there, so I had to buy this third insert. Here it is before and after.

The Go7 inserts aren't HARD to assemble, but their instructions sometimes show their "pages" of parts with the wrong configuration and also sometimes forget to show you how to assemble one or two boxes. Also, it's often easy to assemble something backwards unless you REALLY look at ALL the diagrams to be sure you have things the right way around.

The materials are very heavy duty (and heavy too) and require glue to assemble. I use regular Elmer's white glue because that is what I have. I sometimes use braces or books or bookends to keep the boxes together while they are drying. Go7 gives you little label pieces to stick into the sides of the compartments to label, though not in all cases. Also it is often tough to figure out how they want you to load the insert with pieces. You can study pictures on the internet on their sales site and it's usually possible to figure it out. But there is not an easy description to go from.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiff Reynolds
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the photos! I just got the base box and expansion organizers as gifts, but haven't assembled them yet. This should really help in deciding where to place the parts!

I have several organizers from Go7 already, so I know how tricky their instructions can be. I use a "tacky" glue when assembling, it helps to keep things stuck together while drying.

I really like their new laser-etched labels, though - I haven't had those on an organizer yet. Are they tough to hold in place while the glue dries, or are they a tighter fit and stay on their own? That MDF material is very smooth and doesn't stick on it's own, unlike the ... birch? ... from Broken Token, which requires a rubber mallet to assemble, the joins are so tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wavsite wrote:
Thank you for the photos! I just got the base box and expansion organizers as gifts, but haven't assembled them yet. This should really help in deciding where to place the parts!

I have several organizers from Go7 already, so I know how tricky their instructions can be. I use a "tacky" glue when assembling, it helps to keep things stuck together while drying.

I really like their new laser-etched labels, though - I haven't had those on an organizer yet. Are they tough to hold in place while the glue dries, or are they a tighter fit and stay on their own? That MDF material is very smooth and doesn't stick on it's own, unlike the ... birch? ... from Broken Token, which requires a rubber mallet to assemble, the joins are so tight.

I typically don't glue the labels in. Sometimes they fall out but that hasn't been an issue so far. They stay in though, they don't fall out easily even if there is no glue. I will glue them in if I have to. I also tend not to glue in separators for cards. So far so good.

I've done a couple of broken token inserts and I don't even own a mallet. I don't think I've had too much trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use blue painter's tape to hold pieces together overnight while the glue sets.

And yeah, the material is heavy compared to other insert companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.