Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
No new announcements at the New Year's open but there are some new photos. Painted Hired Guns, Orlock sprues and and pictures of the new boards. Pictures found on different Facebook groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great picks. The models look less ball and socket focussed - it looks like they have started to use more traditional pegs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:
Great picks. The models look less ball and socket focussed - it looks like they have started to use more traditional pegs!

No, those aren't peg-based miniatures. That's the usual style of kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. I don't cruise all the websites, so this is a great roundup for me.

The Beastman Bounty Hunter is still jumping the shark. I'm tempted to convert a big ole leftover metal Fantasy Beastman. But, I think it would make the exact opposite statement I intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I always equated Beastmen to Chaos but it's cool that they are throwing some non-humans into the mix. It's a nice way to get some odd minis made that would never make it into 40K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
Yeah I always equated Beastmen to Chaos but it's cool that they are throwing some non-humans into the mix. It's a nice way to get some odd minis made that would never make it into 40K

That's exactly how we got the infamous Ash Waste Shaman.

Be careful what you wish for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
HA, true. But now I want to build a Morlock army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
HA, true. But now I want to build a Morlock army.

There's always "Daemonic Daleks."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To deviate slightly back on topic, the other Hired Guns look a little more Forge World than mainstream GW to me. They look more slender and upright. Not saying that's a bad thing. But, am saying it is a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Decar wrote:

No, those aren't peg-based miniatures. That's the usual style of kit.

Yes, sorry saw it on my phone, without looking at the bodies; it's clear there are no pegs! I guess the holes in the arms are saving on plastic/weight. Good to see some pegs on the torso parts though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
ZombieMark wrote:
To deviate slightly back on topic, the other Hired Guns look a little more Forge World than mainstream GW to me. They look more slender and upright. Not saying that's a bad thing. But, am saying it is a thing.

Yeah but I'm putting my Eschers together, and getting that tiny foot to balance while the glue drys is a pain. I'm okay with a static posse once in a while
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:

Yeah but I'm putting my Eschers together, and getting that tiny foot to balance while the glue drys is a pain. I'm okay with a static posse once in a while

Are you using plastic glue? Makes dealing with the dynamic poses much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I am, but I'm old so I have to complain about things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
Yeah I am, but I'm old so I have to complain about things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:

The Beastman Bounty Hunter is still jumping the shark. I'm tempted to convert a big ole leftover metal Fantasy Beastman. But, I think it would make the exact opposite statement I intended.

The opposite thought for me (un-jumping the shark? climbing under the shark?) the beastman harkens back the old old days when they could be part of imperial guard armies - and adds to the "Necromunda is a lawless place" vibe. My worry for the game would be when it gets too close to modern 40k and they add Necron gangs or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrowe wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:

The opposite thought for me (un-jumping the shark? climbing under the shark?) the beastman harkens back the old old days when they could be part of imperial guard armies - and adds to the "Necromunda is a lawless place" vibe. My worry for the game would be when it gets too close to modern 40k and they add Necron gangs or something.

Back in the day, for my I-Guard Army I had a squad of plastic Fantasy Beastmen converted with 40K weapons . Back then, weapons were "chosen" randomly by die rolls. And, the game was RPG-ish. I also had Chaos Squats, Zoats, and Minotaurs in various 40K warbands and armies, right out of the Chaos and RT rulebooks.

My real peeve (and, it does not rise to "pet" status) harkens back 20 years, instead of 30 years. In the darkest days of Necromunda neglect, after a few years of nothing, a few bones were tossed to us starving games fans. Models that were obviously main game rejects. Imagine the excitement of a Necromunda Farseer(!) with bodyguards, and an implausible background.
Farseer Yrthrian
Firedragon bodyguards

Yrthrian is a Farseer and by
his powers of divination he determined that
the path that would lead to his family
triumphing lay in the Underhive of
Necromunda Primus. What Yrthrian had
foreseen was that in this sump of depraviry
lay one whose skill with knife and blade was
such that he could teach a combination of
moves that would despatch the enemy
champion. Who this person was Yrthrian
did not know - but should he see them fight
then he would know in an instant if they
were the saviour that he sought.

Oh, if successful, the hired gun Farseer leaves with the "chosen" one. So, goodbye somebody's ganger. If not, he nukes both gangs and leaves. Either way, he's one and done.

Just because they can do something does not mean they should do something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had stopped playing Necromunda by that point, I had no idea! Rules designers get pretty desperate after a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrowe wrote:
I had stopped playing Necromunda by that point, I had no idea! Rules designers get pretty desperate after a while.

And, that wasn't fan-written. It was rules from Jervis Johnson, himself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.