Sascha Zeitfraktur
Germany
Uetersen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
at the end of each round when players evaluate their culture, food and war,
do all unused Books, Food and Swords count, or only those you just put into the used bucket?

The rules state you can now move unused items,
but then it also states that all used items count without specifically clarifying it it refers to All used items of that kind or just the newly moved items? If all, what about books in case you previously used two book dice to mimic a single gold etc?

greetings from Germany
Sascha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre E
Germany
Krummhoern
flag msg tools
mbmb
All used things are gone.

You can only use unused food, books and swords.
----
Alles was du eintauschst ist weg und völlig egal was der Würfel vorher für ein Symbol hatte. Du kannst nur unbenutztes am Ende des Zeitalters verwenden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Zeitfraktur
Germany
Uetersen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Makes sense, thanks for the quick clarification.
We were slightly confused by the rule wording "for every used book, move forward..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre E
Germany
Krummhoern
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zeitfraktur wrote:

We were slightly confused by the rule wording "for every used book, move forward..."

There are 3 phases at the end of each age: (in that particular order)

- Book phase
- Famine phase
- War phase

In the book phase you "spend" your remaining books and you move forward that track. Sometimes it makes sense not to spend (all) your books and trade some in for food in the upcomming famine phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeitfraktur wrote:
Makes sense, thanks for the quick clarification.

Aha, I understand what confused you. If I had written "for every book moved to the used area just now, ..." it would have been more clear. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Zeitfraktur
Germany
Uetersen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yes, but no need to be sorry Rustan, we made it a Christmas present to us and already had lots of fun and joy with your game. So thanks for creating it! 👍
Sascha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
One thought if there is another edition of the rules is to explicitly state that the book track is never reset. We had one person who assumed it would be reset after each scoring and wanted to be told explicitly that it was not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
One thought if there is another edition of the rules is to explicitly state that the book track is never reset. We had one person who assumed it would be reset after each scoring and wanted to be told explicitly that it was not.

Thank you! I have done this several times in different rulebooks, I try to make more examples now to make things very clear and rule out all types of expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:

Telling players all the things not to do is a recipe for a long rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I agree, but there are certain conventions in board games and if you deviate from those, it might not hurt to disambiguate. For me, the photo shows someone with 16 books - seemed pretty obvious that the player did not roll 16 books in one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think wording like 'for each book used in this phase' would possibly help clarify which 'used' the rules mean.

This and full Nations are fantastic games, BTW - Well done Rustan. Oh, and please tell your artist I love the art in both games as it reminds me of watercolours you might make in a sketchbook while travelling. The more I play both, the more I love the art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.