Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Pursuit of Happiness» Forums » General

Subject: 'Perform Magic' Promo Card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Sombrero
msg tools
Avatar
mb
I saw the card on the Dice Tower 2018 Kickstarter campaign - am I right that this is a new card and is not included in the Community Strech Goals?

If so, that would be most disappointing. I remember that with base game the Space Trip promo card was announced to be added to all KS copies to make up for the lack of the first player marker. Then I thought to myself "Good choice - it would be horrible if they released a new promo that is hard to acquire while at the same time shipping KS promo packs".

But apparently here we are.

*I have also posted the question in the Community expansion page but I see there's not much traffic there in gereral
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the expansion on Kickstarter and don't have that card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game publishers do this all the time to support reviewers like the Dice Tower and websites like BGG. It would be a little different if the card were a KS exclusive and they decided to sell it after that breaking their promise; but that is not what happened.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crysknife wrote:
Game publishers do this all the time to support reviewers like the Dice Tower and websites like BGG. It would be a little different if the card were a KS exclusive and they decided to sell it after that breaking their promise; but that is not what happened.


are they usually $50 though?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grafpoo wrote:
crysknife wrote:
Game publishers do this all the time to support reviewers like the Dice Tower and websites like BGG. It would be a little different if the card were a KS exclusive and they decided to sell it after that breaking their promise; but that is not what happened.


are they usually $50 though?


No, but this one isn't either. In none of the Dice Tower pledge levels are you buying promos for $50, $100, etc. They make it abundantly clear that the pledges are to support the Dice Tower, and any promos or other rewards are just extras and not what you're really paying for. Secondly, the promo packs, when I looked, had about 7 or 8 different promos. So really, even if you wanted to see it that way, it'd be like $7.50 per promo, which is a little more than, for example, the BGG store, but not by much. Finally, most of the times these promos aren't exclusive to the Dice Tower's Kickstarter (or whatever other media creator's fundraising campaign) -- most of the promos they've offered in the past I've seen available later from the publisher, on the BGG Store, on Coolstuff, or via some other method. So you probably will be able to get this card eventually; it may just take a while.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EYanyo wrote:
grafpoo wrote:
crysknife wrote:
Game publishers do this all the time to support reviewers like the Dice Tower and websites like BGG. It would be a little different if the card were a KS exclusive and they decided to sell it after that breaking their promise; but that is not what happened.


are they usually $50 though?


No, but this one isn't either. In none of the Dice Tower pledge levels are you buying promos for $50, $100, etc. They make it abundantly clear that the pledges are to support the Dice Tower, and any promos or other rewards are just extras and not what you're really paying for.


you're talking semantics here. the cost, indirectly, is $50, especially given that the other promos bundled into that $50 cost are meaningless to me

i don't care to "support" the dice tower, which is a commercial venture as far as i know, so to me it's not a stretch really to indeed consider that it is a $50 cost.

if indeed the promo shows up later at a much more reasonable price, that is great - and it's the only way i'll see it

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the "found Pet" promo card that was given out at this past year's Spiel. That also wasn't included in the Kickstarter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Nordiska wrote:
Don't forget the "found Pet" promo card that was given out at this past year's Spiel. That also wasn't included in the Kickstarter.


Wow - haven't heard about that one!

The best thing is that a friend of mine was at Essen hunting for Promos - would have totally grabbed it if either of us had been aware of its existence
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.